Advanced search

breastfeeding and low carb

(3 Posts)
GazelleMommy Mon 12-Jan-15 23:49:37

just joined and this is my first post! yay- Does anyone have any experience of breastfeeding while low carbing and any tips on it not affecting milk supply???

StuntNun Wed 14-Jan-15 09:53:36

I started low carbing on BIWI's Bootcamp when I was breastfeeding a seven-month-old. I started straight on to Bootcamp Light and I took a supplement (Pregnacare Breastfeeding) to ensure I had enough vitamins coming in. I found the carb flu to be pretty bad and I suspect that's because I was breastfeeding four or five times between dinner and breakfast. So if I did it again then I would have snacks on my bedside table for the nighttime (Babybels, Peperami, olives, celery etc.) for the first week until my body had become fat-adapted.

AntiHop Thu 15-Jan-15 17:24:24

gazelle how are you getting on with low carb and appetite and breastfeeding? I'm breastfeeding and craving carbs so much. I feel really hungry unless I eat carbs. Before I got pregnant I are low carb and didn't feel hungry at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now