Talk

Advanced search

I've just signed up for the Bootcamp but can someone give me a rough idea of how it works ?

(3 Posts)
craftykits Mon 12-Jan-15 21:55:10

That's it really !
Are there food ideas/menu ideas here....or is it more of a chat/support thread or how does it work ?
do I need to do anything before the date ?....

BIWI Mon 12-Jan-15 22:42:18

Bootcamp lasts for ten weeks. The first two weeks are the strictest, and then you move on to Bootcamp Light.

The idea is that you don't have to count or weigh anything - just follow the ten rules.

Each Monday I start a chat thread, with a link to our Spreadsheet, where you can enter your weight. (If you don't want to join the Spreadsheet you don't have to - MNHQ also provide us with an individual Weight Tracker, so you can keep track of your weight privately).

And then we just chat - lots of people post their daily menus, we ask questions or for advice - that's it really!

I'll be starting a thread soon about preparing for Bootcamp, but the key thing is to make sure that you've got rid of all the carby treats from the house, so that you're not tempted, and that you've planned what you're going to eat/cook next week, so that you can be sure that you're following the rules and eating low carb.

Here's a link to the last Bootcamp spreadsheet

If you have a look at the tabs at the bottom you'll find the rules.

As well as following the rules, it's important to note that the foods you will not be eating are:

pasta/rice
potatoes
flour
sugar
pastry/biscuits
crisps
chocolate
fruit (for the first two weeks at least)

Hope that helps!

Oh, and it's also a really good idea to do a bit of reading about low carbing so you know what it's all about, and what you're letting yourself in for! Plenty of links to blogs/websites/videos on the spreadsheet.

Good luck

craftykits Tue 13-Jan-15 06:37:13

Thanks so much Bwiw that's really helpful.....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: