Talk

Advanced search

am i eating enough??

(6 Posts)
Mrsstevejones Wed 03-Dec-14 13:14:04

Hi, i did bootcamp in the summer and lost 1.5 stone - yay!! Then i fell off the wagon and- put quite a bit back on! Still 1 stone down from start weight.

Can any low carb experts out there review my choices and give me the benefit of your experience? Please.

Started again a couple of weeks ago and not lost a pound, i know it comes off in lumps but i am wondering if i am eating enough?

Breakfast bpc - made with 25g butter, 1 dessert spoon of mct oil

Lunch - green smoothie - spinach, half an avocado, unsweetened almond milk and 2 tsps of coconut cream

Dinner - Fatty meat - belly pork slices, chicken wings etc with green veg and swede mash or salad with oily dressing and mayo. I dont really eat pudding but if i do its lidl full fat yog with cream.

Occasional snack of pepperoni and cheese or ricotta and spinach bites.

I walk a couple of miles most day with really heavy double buggy up a huge hill and swim (very slowly) 3 times a week.

Loads of water 2-3l and a couple of coffees with lactofree milk.

I have five stone to loose and am only just squeezing into a size 18, was hoping to be a bit slimmer by xmas - help.

This woe really suits me, no ibs, less joint pain, no sugar cravings, no thrush and tummy is def flatter although still huge! I will stick with it but if any tweaks can help me get back on the downwards trend i would be happy.

Thanks in advance

pootlebug Wed 03-Dec-14 13:44:47

I would be hungry on that. Your breakfast and lunch in particular look very light. For lunch I would eat a whole avocado + greens + oil based dressing + protein + tea 2 tbsp coconut cream, for instance. You only really have protein at dinner - and whilst it is good not to overdo the protein on this WOE I suspect having more earlier would be more sustainable long-term.

Mrsstevejones Thu 04-Dec-14 10:50:42

Thanks pootlebug, i guess i will try and add protein at lunch. Green smoothies are handy as i have two kids under 3 so not a lot of time to sit down to a proper meal. The green smoothies enable me to eat avocado ( and coconut cream) - which i couldnt do otherwise and i can only stomach so much spinach as i have salads a couple of times a week for dinner.

Perhaps i need to vary my veg in my evening meals so i dont mind salads and meat at lunch? Last time i stuck to bootcamp solely and fasted on a monday and thursday -with a vitamin pill and 2 bpc to get my 500kcals a day - i felt amazing.

Any suggestions for evening veg? I do swede mash, cauli mash, roasted cauli with parmesan and garlic, cauli and broccoli cheese, stir fried kale with garlic, and courgette parmigana. I do lots of rocket or spinach salads with lidl cheese coleslaw. Luckily i love green veg.

I do try to keep my caffeine and dairy down as i know it stalls some people hence the almond milk.

I did used to make curried cauli soup with coriander pesto ( amazing) and enrich it with coconut cream and now the weather has turned i might try that again - i even made my own chicken stock so maybe thats some protein there?

I didnt loose any weight between pregnancies and had gestational diabetes and i really dont want to develop diabetes as its an evil condition. I guess i will just keep on keeping on and hope something starts to kick in soon.

I am just massive and its xmas and after spending 2 xmases pregnant i just wanted to feel nice and wear something less tent like! woe is me lol

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Mrsstevejones Thu 04-Dec-14 10:59:08

ps i am not hungry even just having a green smoothie for lunch but then i do have my dinner at 5.30pm with the kids.

Just dont understand why it worked so amazingly last time and this time not so much yet.

BIWI Mon 08-Dec-14 20:52:14

You're not eating enough! You need to be eating something for breakfast and definitely eating lunch.

Mrsstevejones Tue 09-Dec-14 13:02:56

Oh great news, i will add a little something to breakfast and lunch and see if that kick starts things. Thanks for the advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now