Talk

Advanced search

Week 5 - Pre-Christmas Low Carb Bootcamp - we reach the half way point!

(341 Posts)
BiWitched Mon 27-Oct-14 07:18:38

Eeek! I'm not stepping on the scales this morning, so will not be confessing all on the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

Family wedding this weekend, and no control over food means I really don't want to see what number is on the scales!

Anyway, don't forget there's also the Weight Tracker

Here's to a successful week for all of us. Hopefully those who have seen things slow down/stop will see the scales begin to move again from now on.

CharlieSierra Mon 27-Oct-14 07:35:16

Good morning all - 2.3 down, 12.3 in total, very very happy, grin grin hope the dreaded stall doesn't come along and bite me later than usual though so going to carry on doing what I'm doing!

BiWitched Mon 27-Oct-14 07:36:03

That's brilliant, Charlie!

ClashCityRocker Mon 27-Oct-14 07:36:36

Wow can't believe we're halfway through already!

Sts this week, but happy with that and kinda expected it as I'd had lots of fairly big losses in previous weeks. Also due on, which doesn't help.

BigSpottyCupofTea Mon 27-Oct-14 07:43:53

Bit glum as I've STS for the second week running but I'm hoping it starts to move downwards soon. I haven't cheated at all so a bit fed up but it's a new week and all that.

CecyHall Mon 27-Oct-14 07:51:12

I know it's half way but I'm starting today so is it ok to join in with these threads?

Starting the day with coffee and double cream, halloumi and avocado salad for lunch and steak and veg for tea- looking forward to all of it!

BiWitched Mon 27-Oct-14 07:52:38

BigSpottyCupofTea have you missed the million and one posts I have made about staying the same in weeks 3 and 4? grin

It's nothing unusual. Keep on keeping on and you'll be fine.

Welcome Cecy Of course you can join us.

SayraT Mon 27-Oct-14 08:00:24

Haha BIWI that was me last week, I weighed on the Friday instead then I weighed again on Monday just to see.

I've put 1lb on so I'm 213lbs....I've not really put it on as after last weekend I weighed 218lbs on Monday.

No plans in the diary for a while now so hopefully onwards and downwards grin

Username12345 Mon 27-Oct-14 08:20:57

Weighed myself but my scales are electronic and gave me many different readings. Is it best to go with the lowest, mid or highest reading?

SayraT Mon 27-Oct-14 08:24:28

Maybe you need to get new batteries?

My scales went haywire once and weighed me at half a stone heavier than I was. How different are the readings?

Tanukisan Mon 27-Oct-14 08:24:47

Hello, the spreadsheet's not talking to me this morning so really grateful if someone could record my weigh-in of 163.4. Nearly two pounds down from last week and more importantly, FIFTEEN POUNDS less than my starting weight before I gave up sugar seven weeks ago. grin

Pisseslikeahorse Mon 27-Oct-14 08:31:51

morning chaps

no movement weight wise for me, seems my body is up to something else confused, as I'm another waist size down in the last couple of weeks grin

yesterday
B. BPC
L. 2eggs bacon & Salad
D. Roast chicken & cauliflower

KnottyAndPistey Mon 27-Oct-14 08:34:26

Aha, here you are!

BestIsWest Mon 27-Oct-14 08:36:34

just 0.5 for me but as the scales were up by 4 lbs one day last week, this is good news. I was very off colour earlier last week so I did have a few carbs.

I was trying on clothes yesterday and found that almost everything i own either just fits or is miles too big. Most of the weight seems to have come off my arms and shoulders so all my tops look huge.

yongnian Mon 27-Oct-14 08:49:05

Well looks like the fact I was pretty much unable to swallow for the last week due to horror-virus, has led to a consolation prize....I lost 6lb!! That's as much as I lost the first week! I'm a little stunned about this to say the least. It also means I'm seeing my weight begin with a number i havent seen for a while and am 5lb away from what my ultimate goal was when i started bc. Which motivates me to try for my secret long term weight goal.
I'm also thinking that as my throat improves little by little, I'm trying to regain my appetite and get my water levels back and therefore might yo-yo a bit. But maybe not, maybe cos I was already doing this WOE before getting ill, and was well hydrated, it might stay off, as what little food I have been able to eat has been LC.
Who knows, anyway, hopefully from now I'll be back in the swing of things properly food-wise as I start to recover.
Sorry, that was a proper ramble, still a bit delirious I think.

SayraT Mon 27-Oct-14 08:49:19

Done Tanukisan smile

pisses have you updated the spreadsheet wrong then? I thought it said you were 2lbs down? I only noticed because when I added my weight you were the same as me.

Someone who has a username starting with "S" has added their weight of 146 in the wrong place and has wiped their name off. I can't fix that sorry so if you are an "S" and weighed in at 146 today you might want to fix it smile

yongnian Mon 27-Oct-14 08:50:39

Oh it also means I have lost 16lbs on bc this far. Astonishing. This is obviously what finally makes my body shed excess. Superb.

CharlieSierra Mon 27-Oct-14 08:58:28

Amazing Tanukisan I hope it stays off for you, you deserve a silver lining for being so ill!

Birdinacage Mon 27-Oct-14 08:59:09

Morning everyone, 1lb off for me this week which I'm quite impressed about as I had a pretty bad day on Friday due to a change of plans meaning that the supermarket trip didn't happen and therefore no food in the house meant we had no option other than take away hmm. I've put my foot down now though and declared no more deviations for a while as it feels like I've been too relaxed about things the last few weeks and I don't want to accidentally sabotage myself with bad habits.

Hope everyone is doing well and any stalls don't last too long.

Pisseslikeahorse Mon 27-Oct-14 09:00:20

Oh the speed sheet.. grin , I've had to readjust my reading from my old (not very good scales) to my new ones. Took a good reading last week and again yesterday (matched) so am making that my new base line.

BiWitched Mon 27-Oct-14 09:01:39

Wow! Some really good figures here. Both in terms of numbers and actual figures grin

HauntedChesterDrawers Mon 27-Oct-14 09:05:08

Morning BCers grin

Lost 1.6lbs this morning so beyond chuffed after three weeks of STS. Hoping I might enter a new stone bracket next week - exciting times. Also, I've been keeping an eye on my body fat and according to my scales (not entirely scientific, I know), I lost 1.54lbs of fat this week so that's really given me a boost.

Starting to feel like this might just work grin Planning to keep dairy low again this week, but not cutting it out totally.

Today's plan:
B: Yog, cream, cinnamon, ground vanilla
L: Need to shop but fancy prawns and avocado with olive oil
D: LC sausages, swede mash with butter, roast cauli

Notsoskinnyminny Mon 27-Oct-14 09:47:52

Morning losers!

1.5lb on for me but could've been worse after the epic Ofsted-induced failure that was last week, who am I kidding no-one forced me to eat mainlinekrispy kreme donuts and other goodies donated to keep our spirits up or the celebratory fish and chips when it was all over, it was my complete lack of willpower that turned me into Homer Simpson grin

Anyway, line firmly drawn and 3 days of UC planned to try and undo the damage and I've dusted off my Shred dvd.

Sayra do I just bung all the ingredients for coconut porrige in a bowl and nuke it in the microwave and if so for how long??

MoJangled Mon 27-Oct-14 10:03:20

STS (which is better than last weeks gain) and aiming for a low dairy week this week to get things going again.

I actually don't feel too grumpy as the scales were flirting back and forth across the 70kg mark over the weekend, on an upswing this morning but I think I'm on the way back into the 60s at my metabolism's snail pace. Plus, a weekend of celebrations for DH's 50th on top of a drugged-to-the-eyeballs stinker of a cold (which I wasn't admitting to so I didn't spoil his big day), didn't lead to a single non LC foodstuff crossing my lips despite 5 meals out over 2 days. I even passed on the birthday cake. I did have some champagne though. So feeling empowered if not lighter of foot.

Respect to Yongnian and Tanukisan , LC Weightlosss Queens thlgrin

MoJangled Mon 27-Oct-14 10:04:56

notsoskinny I might join you with the Shred once my sinuses unclog. I need a bump-start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now