Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions for LH holiday with 5 yr old in May please?

(12 Posts)
nearlychrimbo Tue 10-Nov-09 21:22:42

me, hubby and 5 yr old, 2 weeks May. Any suggestions of where, hotel, would like AI if poss

Drayford Wed 11-Nov-09 18:38:16

Do you want hot weather? Beach? etc etc?

nearlychrimbo Wed 11-Nov-09 21:51:23

yes and yes!

MollieO Wed 11-Nov-09 21:52:28

Barbados.

moondog Wed 11-Nov-09 21:53:04

How about narrowing it down a little bit?

nearlychrimbo Wed 11-Nov-09 21:55:33

14 nights
sun, beach, good child friendly hotel and food
play park,
and near waterpark perhaps
Not bothered about kids club or babysitting

Celebrating so somewhere/thing a bit special. LH dont mind....open to suggestions on where youve been and stayed

MollieO Wed 11-Nov-09 21:58:38

Dubai would be perfect for your criteria.

moondog Wed 11-Nov-09 22:04:31

Sierra Leone

nearlychrimbo Wed 11-Nov-09 22:23:45

ok Dubai. Any suggestions on where to stay/hotel that would meet the above?

Drayford Wed 11-Nov-09 23:41:02

Middle East, Thailand or carribean maybe?

Try and narrow it a bit.

How long to you want to fly for - when my DC were little we used to restrict it to 8-10 hours.

Maybe you need to use your google button & consult trip advisor. The world is your oyster!!!!!!!!! (depending on your budget of course)

Best places when my DC were 5yrsold or so:

Thailand
Seychelles
Tobago
Grenada

Do you want tropical sun???

Otherwise, for may, - I would suggest

Lanzarote
North Africa (morocco etc)
those funny islands off west africa I can never remember the name of (could be cape verde????)

Do think about how far you wish to go & what your 5 year old can cope with.

nearlychrimbo Thu 12-Nov-09 14:08:05

dont mind flight time but up to 9 hours would be ok, yes want sunshine and decent kid/family friendly hotel.

What hotels would you suggest for Thailand or Seychelles and Dubai anyone please

Drayford Thu 12-Nov-09 15:54:50

I'm a little out of touch with the 5yrold market these days! My DC are more into diving and surfing!

On reflection, the Seychelles is very expensive. Thailand is better value, but the flights do take about 11 hrs. Also, remember to check the weather for that time of the year where you fancy staying as it can vary.

Can't help you with Dubai, but I think there's a few Mnetters who live in the Middle East who pop in from time to time. They may be able to help.

Try this website for some ideas.

A lot of people seem to like Barbados/Antigua/St Lucia when taking young children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now