Talk

Advanced search

money arrangements when travelling to Mozambique

(4 Posts)
lilolilmanchester Tue 20-Oct-09 17:41:38

not for me unfortunately! A colleague is off to South Africa and Mozambique in a few weeks, was saying today he is quite unsure what to do re access to cash while in Mozambique as he wasn't sure about access to cash machines/use of credit cards etc but obviously not wanting to carry lots of money with him. Appreciate there are probably websites on this but he would be happier hearing from someone who's been recently. I told him I knew just the place to ask the question! Has anyone been recently who could advise please?

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 20-Oct-09 18:21:44

Current Foreign Office advice on Mozambique:-

www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/sub-saharan-africa/mozambique

It gives a general profile of this country. It also has advice on what currency to use.

If he is travelling to SA before or after visiting Mozambique his passport needs to be valid for at least six months after his visit.

He should also have two consecutive blank pages in his passport (some South African Immigration officials insist on this requirement).

lilolilmanchester Tue 20-Oct-09 20:11:04

thanks Attila, will pass the link on, some good advice in your post.

PDR Thu 29-Oct-09 11:05:48

I would just use ATMs in SA to get cash out for spends in Moz but big hotels should accpet credit cards (note "credit" as debit cards/switch might be a problem). I have never had problems with good old mastercard in random parts of Africa - even amex is often accepted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now