Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

entertaining an 11 month crawler in nyc

(10 Posts)
bebs63 Tue 13-Oct-09 12:11:06

hello there... off to nyc soon with baby who is 11 months old and loves to crawl! i know she won't be happy in the pushchair the whole day, so was wondering if anyone knew of places i could take her where she can crawl / play. any indoor soft play drop in places or similar?

thanks!

CharlieCoolCat Tue 13-Oct-09 19:34:32

I've been to NYC four times and it's just the greatest although I can't imagine juggling a buggy around it's so busy in most places.

Have you got one or a friend who could give you a backpack carrier? Should keep baby entertained more as there's loads of great sights.

Fastest and cheapest way to get around is by the subway so would be easier for this also.

I didn't have kids with me during any of my trips but found this link below, Central Park is great, you could spend a few days there if the weather is nice.

http://www.travelforkids.com/Funtodo/New_York/new-york-city.htm

Soft Play Areas (from 2006)
http://nymag.com/bestofny/kids/2006/playspaces/

bebs63 Sat 17-Oct-09 13:59:02

thanks for links... we have a backpack, i thought it would be too big to take onto the plane. shall investigate.

Kiwinyc Sat 17-Oct-09 15:43:36

get an ergo baby carrier - packs up much smaller than a framed backpack and is godsend for getting on and off the plane, carrying baby through immigration before you've got your buggy and generally getting about easily. I loved ours and it was very comfy to wear.

bebs63 Sat 17-Oct-09 20:08:49

that's funny, i was looking at those today. we're going to usa and they are going to be much cheaper there than here, so will buy one, and ebay our framed backpack!

OOOOOOOOOOOpsacoconut Sat 17-Oct-09 20:14:43

We took DD in her back pack as a crawler, it was MUCH easier than trying to push a pushchair through NY. We took her to Central park and let her have a crawl about on the grass but otherwise it was pretty limited. Our hotel was great and upgraded our room so she had room to play and also were happy for her to crawl about in the lobby making a menace of herself.

OOOOOOOOOOOpsacoconut Sat 17-Oct-09 20:15:53

We flew virgin and they were more than happy to put our backpack away for us.

bebs63 Sun 18-Oct-09 00:36:48

we are going with virgin. did you take your backpack up to the gate?

OOOOOOOOOOOpsacoconut Mon 19-Oct-09 19:42:59

I wore her onto the plane then the crew stowed it for me and got it out just as we landed.

geordieminx Mon 19-Oct-09 19:45:51

Down at Seafield (where the ferries go from) there is a parent and toddler group on - think it may be a tuesday?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now