Talk

Advanced search

Flying to NZ with 6 mo dd - when to eat when to sleep?

(4 Posts)
Carikube Wed 07-Oct-09 10:46:56

We're flying to New Zealand next week with our 6 mo old dd who is ff. We leave at lunchtime UK time, land Singapore early morning their time, have one hour stopover before setting off again, landing in NZ at nearly midnight.

I have no idea what to do about when to feed her, put her to sleep (she'll be in a bassinet). Anyone got any tips?

Carikube Wed 07-Oct-09 16:14:21

bump

Kiwinyc Sun 11-Oct-09 13:10:25

WE took DD1 to Aus/NZ when she was 4.5 months. I just fed her whenever i.e. upon take off and landing and whenever she was hungry or 3-4 hrs or so and then put her down to sleep after eating. Babies don't really have jetlag, they just follow the same pattern they have at home!

Mellin Sun 11-Oct-09 19:28:31

Hi,

Have flown to Oz with DD when she was 4 months then back to London at 7 months old.

I agree with what Kiwinyc says, just feed at regular intervals as per at home and put to sleep when she seems tired. During the flight is definitely not the time to be trying to adjust the baby to NZ time, the last thing you want is a grumpy and grizzly baby on a longhaul flight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now