Talk

Advanced search

Flights on United

(4 Posts)
fj100 Tue 22-Sep-09 08:53:07

Im flying with my small 13 month old (will be 15 months by the time we fly) on United via washington to orlando. Ive booked a bassinet but think he may be too big for it. (He is 74 cms and 18.5 lbs currently) Anyone got any top tips or info on United and how and how well they deal with this situation; also top tips on carrying bottles of liquid on board - milk etc? Thanks

elvislives Tue 22-Sep-09 09:00:55

We were put onto a United flight when our Air NZ plane caught fire (LAX to LGW). The bassinet was basically a sleeping bag with slightly rigid sides and we had to put it on the floor. DD was exactly 12 mo and too big for it. I was too worried to sleep because the man next to me had enormous legs and was moving in his sleep. I was worried he'd kick her.

I would check the seat plan of the actual plane you will be on.

mumof2222222222222222boys Tue 22-Sep-09 09:07:16

No info on united, but I flew longhaul when DS1 was 7 months. On BA he fitted the bassinet - on Singpore or Japanese (can't remember which), he was wedged. I suspect your DS won't fit.

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 22-Sep-09 14:13:13

He may not fit the bassinet you've booked.

I take it as read that baby has his own passport.

How long have you got between the flight arriving into Washington Dulles and the onward flight to Orlando?. I hope you have something around a minimum of 2 hours between flights.

They are not the most swish airline in the world by a long way, service is not always a huge priority and some of their aircrews can be hit and miss.

Immigration at Dulles is quite well organised these days; the staff may let you and baby go near the front of the immigration line.

Buy milk airside or if baby is on a specific type of formula contact the branch of Boots airside to put some aside for you. Take enough and then some for the plane. Also change his nappy before boarding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now