Talk

Advanced search

Long day flight with 4yr old to South Africa w/ stopover in Doha. Oh dear.

(5 Posts)
pogface Thu 17-Sep-09 20:30:28

Hi,
I'm flying to South Africa alone with my (just) 4 yr old son - it's 7 hrs (during the day) to Doha, then overnight in Doha, then flying out again in the early morning - another 8 hour flight. Does anyone have ideas of how I can amuse DS? And/or what I should do about Doha - has anyone had a stopover here? Whats the airport like? SHould I try and book a hotel (im on a very tight budget though!)

Eeek. I am dreading this

oopsacoconut Thu 17-Sep-09 20:40:23

I have to say we always look at the Doha option when we fly to SA but then the whole time flying issue raises it's head and we fly via Amsterdam or Frankfurt. The only tip I have is take lots of little things which you have wrapped like little pressies and magically produce them every couple of hours. We did mini etchsketch, cheap colouring books and pens, those paint with water books and there is always the kiddies channel on the telly. No idea though about hotels or the Airpost but try here

oopsacoconut Thu 17-Sep-09 20:45:02

I just spoke to my dad and sugested that it you chose not to use a hotel it is worth the $40 to use the Oryx lounge which has food, places to relax and a childrens play room/nursery.

pogface Thu 17-Sep-09 21:25:29

That's really helpful - thank you so much! I am really wishing I'd gone for the pricier option via Frankfurt...ohwell.

pogface Thu 17-Sep-09 21:26:08

That's really helpful - thank you so much! I am really wishing I'd gone for the pricier option via Frankfurt...ohwell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now