Advanced search

What is the best seat on a plane?

(7 Posts)
PrincessLayer Tue 15-Sep-09 00:07:45

I'm flying Virgin to LA. You get an option to check in 24 hours before the flight and can apparently choose your seats. Just supposing I get in quick and can choose anywhere to sit, where is best? (First class is not an option, I'm in cattle economy)

cocococo Tue 15-Sep-09 00:13:59

as near to the front of the plane as poss - you get served first and you get off first

KerryMumbles Tue 15-Sep-09 00:26:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 15-Sep-09 07:10:15

Virgin charge around £75 to sit in an emergency row and those seats are allocated at check in.

Have a look at; these have diagrams of all the planes Virgin uses and also gives details of where the good and poor seats are.

beaniebaby25 Tue 15-Sep-09 07:52:01

or, if you're a flying neurotic like me, the further back you are the more likely you are to, ahem, survive if anything bad happens. just behind wings i think is best? Obviously thats hardly an exact science but i think it's generally acknowledged, but only in certain situations clearly. blush

But yes, that seatguru site is good.

and i dont think exit rows are allocated before, they're done on the day if i remember correctly? I tried to nab one of those on my last long haul flight and thai airways wouldnt let me book it.

DadInsteadofMum Tue 15-Sep-09 11:59:20

beanie is right - it is very hard for a plane to reverse into anything (the ground, mountains, other planes etc)

PrincessLayer Wed 16-Sep-09 08:11:36

DH wants a window seat. I'm not too sure myself. I once went on a plane from NY to Tennessee and had a window seat. Over the wing. Sat there for several hours watching the wing rattle around. I thought it was terrifying!

Seatguru looks interesting. I shall have a proper look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now