Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone ever hired an RV and toured the US?

(7 Posts)
giddykipper Mon 14-Sep-09 18:02:54

And if you have, how much roughly would it cost us for 2 weeks? (Something big enough for 2 adults, a teenager and a toddler). And do you have any firms you would recommend?

TIA

giddykipper Mon 14-Sep-09 19:49:46

Bumping for the evening crowd?

I have Googled but you seem to have to email for a quote. I need instant answers.

GrapefruitMoon Mon 14-Sep-09 20:13:58

No but are you absolutely sure that this sort of holiday would work for the varying age ranges and interests? Only ask because relatives visited a while back en mass including teenagers and a pre-schooler and it all ended in tears. Imo a holiday where there is scope for teenagers to go off and do their own thing works better, rather than everyone constantly having to compromise on what they do and being cooped up together for long periods of time...

giddykipper Mon 14-Sep-09 22:04:51

I know what you mean grapefruit, but she does tend to spend most of her free time curled up with a book. She's not particularly adventurous. I am more concerned about the toddler getting bored! I think we would have to spend only short periods on the road travelling between places, or better still travel in the evening when the little one is asleep.

stealthsquiggle Mon 14-Sep-09 22:07:52

My parents did it with DB when he was about 10 - I will ask them when they return (from similar holiday in spain, minus DB who is now 29) who they used.

Drayford Tue 15-Sep-09 23:20:12

bumping this as I am curious too - I'd like to travel from Chicago to Seattle by RV next year or the year after with DH & DS , but am having trouble finding info!

stealthsquiggle Tue 15-Sep-09 23:23:13

When my DM calms down from the fact that my father backed their rented camper van into something in Spain and then told her he had declined the CDW I will ask her who they hired from in the US wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now