Talk

Advanced search

Australian Domestic Flights

(8 Posts)
OhSheesh Sun 30-Aug-09 23:43:43

We will be in Australia in January and will be taking some domestic flights. Has anyone done this? Do you have any tips about airlines, etc and has anyone used the CARES child restraint system?

alypaly Mon 31-Aug-09 00:05:34

my son is in oz at the moment and he has booked all his internal flights with virgin blue. They are as cheap as getting the overnight buses and you can just go and purchase a ticket at a travel agents like buying a train ticket. All he did from britain was to make sure his first and last internal flights were booked so that he travelled to his farthest point first...and then he is travelling back to his entry airport at melbourne for his return flight. The rest of them he just booked when he had spent enuf time in each place rather than having to leave a nice area b4 seeing everything

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 31-Aug-09 09:25:27

Would be looking at Virgin Blue re the Aus internal flights. Have used them myself and found them okay. Book asap though.

Have not used the CARES child restraint system.

inscotland Tue 01-Sep-09 06:09:08

Virgin Blue or Jetstar are the 2 budget airlines but please do still check with Qantas as sometimes they are just as cheap but you get fed and watered for free with them!

I've used the CARES harness from Glasgow through Dubai and into Perth. Pretty good but you need to tell the person behind the seat what it is there for. I didn't and the woman fiddled with the thing so much!

alypaly Tue 01-Sep-09 14:17:13

Thanks in scotland i was trying to think of the other one my son is using at the moment,and jetstar is the other one he is using. It is marginally cheaper than virgin blue and it has got him from cairns to brisbane,to sydney and then on to melbourne for £125 for the 3 three flights. brilliant

OhSheesh Tue 01-Sep-09 16:06:48

Apparently Virgin Blue don't let you take a car seat on board, which is why we are looking at the CARES

OhSheesh Tue 01-Sep-09 19:17:24

Forgot to ask inscotland where you bought your CARES. Amazon are selling it for c £75 which seems like a lot?

mushel Sun 20-Sep-09 13:30:57

Yes, I'm thinking of getting a CARES harness too for a flight from Glasgow to Oz with emirates with our 11mth old. He's a real wriggler so hoping to keep him restrained for at least part of the time. Inscotland, did your baby sleep with it on? Can you sort of loosen it so that they can lie down?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now