Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

suggestions needed for child friendly holiday

(7 Posts)
mumoverseas Fri 28-Aug-09 18:33:54

DH and I desperately need a holiday, thinking of next March. DD will be 3, DS1. We want to go somewhere like a Mark Warner type holiday where there is child care/kids clubs etc.
We've seen some fabulous MW holidays which really fit the bill but flights from the UK are included and we are in the Middle East. We did contact them and ask if they could do the holiday without the flights and we would arrange our own flights and they offered £100 discount which is bloody daft as clearly the flights for 2 adults are 2 children are more than £100.
We really liked their one in Egypt but from where we are it would take 16 hours to get there as would need to change flights several times (bloody daft as could probably walk there quicker)

So wise ladies (and gents of course) any suggestions of child friendly hotels/villas with clubs/babysitting and activities?

ilovemydogandmrobama Fri 28-Aug-09 18:40:52

lurking...

How far would Hawaii be from Saudi Arabia?

mumoverseas Fri 28-Aug-09 18:50:27

uum, is your geography knowledge similar to that of Bridget Jones? wink
Saudi is in the Middle East so pretty much the opposite side of the world from Hawaii.
(I would like to go there though, don't get me wrong but not with a 3 year and 1 year old)

I know I should have said I don't want to travel too far wink
We are about 1 1/4 hours from Dubai and can get to lots of places from there but very limited where we can fly to direct from Saudi

We just really need a holiday as we've had a completely crap year sad

ilovemydogandmrobama Sat 29-Aug-09 21:36:29

Andaman Islands
Nicobar Islands

Have been to Hawaii and Dubai, but from different starting points, so wondered...

Although Botswana looks really interesting after reading The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency smile

mumoverseas Sun 30-Aug-09 15:35:52

where are Andaman & Nicobar Islands? Sounds interesting.

Really just want a recommendation on a resort that is really child friendly, ie kids clubs, nannies or babysitting otherwise its just not a holiday and boy do I need one

Drayford Sun 30-Aug-09 19:09:09

I think Club Med have some resorts in Mauritius & The Maldives, both of which I expect you can reach from Dubai. I remember that you used to be able to book direct with CM so you wouldn't be tied into package flights.

mumoverseas Mon 31-Aug-09 16:17:58

fantastic, thanks for that Drayford.
We've gone to the Maldives a few times and it is via Dubai. We love it there but the problem is it is so expensive booking it separately (ie flights and accomodation) Last time we worked out it would have been cheaper to have flown back to the UK and then got a package from there and then back to the Middle East again afterwards which is madness.

Will look at club Med, sounds like a good option

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now