Talk

Advanced search

disney florida villa - anyone own one/recommend one?

(9 Posts)
eleanorsmum Wed 26-Aug-09 08:32:36

I have a slight recolection of seeing a villa on here that came with a driver and car too, whcih would be great. We're looking for a villa next easter which has at least 3 bedrooms pref 4 and a pool. Not too far from disney and child friendly (will have dd age 5 and bump who'll be 5 mths by then!)

Ideally would like cot and buggy provided just to make my life easier, I'm sure there are some out there its just a nightmare trying to search online and I'm getting quite stressed!

We can get flights with BA but don't want to stay at disney resort as the rooms are not condusive (sp!) to what we need!

Any tips help ideas gratefully recieved! TIA x

mumoverseas Wed 26-Aug-09 15:54:30

I have a villa in florida but don't have a driver and car!
My villa is less than 4 miles to Disney in one of the closest residential areas to it. Its around 20 mins to Seaworld/Universal.
It has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a private swimming pool, also a gamesroom. Its in a lovely residential area which has tennis courts, a large outdoor pool and a childrens play area, swings, slide etc two minutes walk from the villa.
The 4th bedroom is decorated in a Minnie/Mickey theme so your DD would love that.
There is a cot for the baby of the family (pack and play travel cot - used to have a 'proper' cot but according to my management company the laws changed recently and now have to have the pack and play foldaway one. Its almost new, not sure its even been used yet) Also have a high chair and a buggy out there but its not a particularly brilliant buggy as most people take their own.
Have a look at this and if any queries just shout.
http://www.luxuryholidayvillaorlando.webs.com/
am very jealous as I really wanted to go this year but not going now until next October when we are hoping to do 4 weeks.

mumoverseas Wed 26-Aug-09 15:57:10

DH has just advised me we have a booking for some of April next year so have a look at my management company website, they only manage luxury villas within 4 miles of Disney and are run by an english lady called Yvonne. I'm sure she will have something suitable for you. Don't leave it too late though as easter books very quickly.

www.loyaltyusa.com
My house is Minnies Mansion

eleanorsmum Thu 27-Aug-09 08:08:08

Thanks for the inof, I'll check out the website. We were hoping to use airmaile but seems we're too late to get easter next year so might be the year after! Thanks again.

Any more villa people out there?

mumoverseas Thu 27-Aug-09 17:14:40

you might find you are unable to use your airmiles at peak times, easter of course being peak. We've found this recently with a few airlines, we have loads of airmiles but can't use them as always need to fly peak due to school holssad

eleanorsmum Thu 27-Aug-09 18:31:07

Mums - yes this does seem the case although this year we can be a little more flexible as I'll be on mat leave from school so it will only be dd age 5 off for three days if we use the free (ish!) flights! Nothing in life is truly free is it? I have checked out your villa and it looked perfect but alas is booked for the time we would need it!

Do you know of anyone else who has a similar property?

PitysSake Thu 27-Aug-09 18:33:26

how much are they roughyly for two weeks in the summer

mumoverseas Thu 27-Aug-09 18:38:17

old friends of mine who bought out there when I did have a villa literally at the end of my road. Its only a three bed though. Would that be big enough? I will look for their details for you. It is on the loyalty website but not sure what name it is (one of the three beds on Indian Ridge Oaks with a yellow front door if that helps!

Rates for a 4 bed 2 bath with a private pool are generally around £450 pw in the summer but you can sometimes get discounts for booking in advance or longer bookings

PitysSake Thu 27-Aug-09 19:08:34

thanks
will bear in mind - need to face flight bills for 5 too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now