Talk

Advanced search

First choice Holiday village in Red Sea

(3 Posts)
Rollergirl1 Tue 11-Aug-09 22:34:56

Has anyone been? Can someone tell me the difference between the family rooms and the junior suite and what would be more suitable for 2 adults and a 3 and 1 year old? From what I can tell the family room has a seperate kids den and the junior suite has a lounge area. We would prefer the option that keeps the kids the most seperate from us so we can enjoy our evenings a bit while they sleeping. And what are the swim-up rooms like? Are they suitable for kids?

Also if anyone has general feedback on the place.

sam2cats Tue 11-Aug-09 23:05:27

Hi there, we went in January 2008 I think its fairly new. We had a family room which was lovely, the kids den was very good it had bunkbeds and you can even hire a playstation for it. They can put a cot in there for you. It is totally seperate from the bedroom so good for parent alone time.

The place itself has a lot of stuff for the kids, the pools are lovely though they were too cold for us to swim in when we went! The kids one is great. Food was ok though the buffet thing gets a bit samey after a while, they have different restaurants on site which are good to go to and very nice.
General stuff: The staff were lovely, it was very clean and just great for the kids. There was a shopping centre just up the road from the hotel, you go out the main entrance and turn right and it was a short walk. There is a kids playground there - v good for little ones. A little supermarket and clothes shops. Right by the main entrance to the hotel there was a very good pharmacy which we had to use because we were ill while we were out there - nothing to do with the hotel!

I don't know about the swim up rooms, but I think they probably aren't great for those of us with little kids because there is a pool literally outside your patio doors.

We used the creche facility a couple of times, the girls were very nice. They had a mini disco in the evenings which again the kids loved. I believe you can get babysitting too, though we never used that. The beach was lovely and there was plenty of beds and umbrellas though it was out of season, not sure what it would be like in high season.

Hope that helps...sorry if a bit rambly!

Rollergirl1 Wed 12-Aug-09 14:27:41

Yes thanks. Have booked for mid sept!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now