Talk

Advanced search

HONG KONG: Any advice for what to do TO RELAX on holiday in Oct?

(5 Posts)
keynetotalk Thu 30-Jul-09 16:40:17

I'm going to visit family in Hong Kong island for 10 days over the October 1/2 term. I'm the lone parent of girls aged 3 and 5, travelling with my bro, sister in law and their brood, girls aged 8, 6 and 3. Of course there's lots to do to'entertain' the children, but what can we do to insure there is time for the adults to relax, while the children entertain themselves in a safe environment... or is that asking too much?

tinierclanger Fri 31-Jul-09 13:12:14

Ooh how lovely. I would get yourself out to the islands for a couple of day trips. Lamma has a good beach and some nice easy walks. Or Shek-O beach on HK island itself. Then obviously there is Disney on Lantau!

TeriHatchetJob Sat 01-Aug-09 17:33:47

OOOOh, I'm off there on Monday for a few days before carrying on to Bali for a couple of weeks.

I lived there as a child for a couple of years so it will be really special for me to go back.

As well as looking up old haunts we plan to take the tram up to the peak - should be nice and peaceful (relatively) up there and to see the light show at night. Also going to see the big Buddha.

Temple Street markets will be good to browse around too.

I'm really not thinking of these few days as a relaxing break - more of an exciting city stopover.

Why don't you carry on to Bali - that truly is Bliss!!!

poppy34 Sat 01-Aug-09 17:45:59

Ocean park good for kids and less crowded with kids. Also if your friends are in a sports club they might be able to take you as guests as lots of those have good pools, playgrounds etc.

Stanley and western markets good as are tram rides as is a trip to the peak.

South bay and repulse bay also nice - we are off at same time and am looking forward to it.

TeriHatchetJob Tue 25-Aug-09 08:30:56

Just returned from our 4 days there. I'd forgotten how humid and therefore draining this city is. We did a lot of the sights but re the suggestions above, the tram ride takes minutes so not a lot of time for relaxing and everything else involved lots of walking. Really enjoyed this city break but I think you will have to head out to one of the lovely beaches if you want to actually chill and relax.

Thank heavens we had a 2 week stay in Bali afterwards - which was bliss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now