Talk

Advanced search

americia

(7 Posts)
imbored Mon 27-Jul-09 01:00:46

hi, i want to go to florida with my d.s's their are so many travel agents to chose from, anyone got any advice which one is best, cheap flights?? best time of year to go??

snala Mon 27-Jul-09 21:31:41

Dont go in the summer months its far to hot, shop around for cheap flights and car hire packages,If you are traveling florida get your accomodation when you arrive. You can stay in local motels etc for 1/2 the price.

Travel agencies charge far too much. If you are staying in one place e.g near the parks look for private villas to rent, they are fantastic, with private pool etc at a fraction of the cost.

Buy all your park tickets online before you go, Disney,Seaworld,Universal etc etc They are cheaper.

Flights are usually cheaper if you have a couple of change overs rather than flying direct.

Hope this helps.

Hulababy Mon 27-Jul-09 21:41:49

I am off tomorrow morning grin

I did lots and lots of research before we went. This year it is expensive we are finding, lots more than the lats twoce we have been.

We also have found that it has been cheapest this year to book with a travel agencies, which we have never done before. We are going with Thomsons and for three of us it has saved us over £1000.

For the first time ever we are staying in a Disney hotel too. We normally stay in a villa with my parents. But for three of us it is better value to go for the hotel.

We have ordered our Disney tickets and also ones for Universal. We have priced the tickets up for Seaworld and the Space Centre and it is fine this year to buy them when there. The Universal tickets were definitely cheaper though, saved $75 for the 3 of us.

I would always fly direct personally. I would hate to change. I'd prefer to ppay more for direct. It is cheaper to fly into Sanford but this is further out (we are flying there this time). Orlando is closer. But neither is too bad.

We have been in June and August, and obviously tomorrow is July. We have to go in school holidays now so have little choice. We have enever found it too bad. You spend so much time in air conditioned places or in fans with water coolers you never get over hot. Also, the summer is not their peak time - Easter is the worst, after Christmas - so the queues are actually not to bad.

I am rather excited, lol!. I leave at 10 tomorrow for a 1pm flight

imbored Tue 28-Jul-09 01:48:08

hula im envy have a lovily time, wish i was you.
it's so difficult to chose my head is swimming with prices, it's driving me nutswink
thankyou for your help smile

Hulababy Tue 28-Jul-09 08:46:37

Thanks.

Just to make a change to my post though, slightly.

We didn't book direct with a Travel Agencies, we did it online. When we phoned the Travel Agencies up they couldn't match their online prices.

Also, do check the Disney website itself as they often have special offers which some travel companies do pick up, but not all.

For example, our deal means we get 14 nights for the price of 10, and we get 14 days Disney tickets for the price of 7.

imbored Tue 28-Jul-09 17:42:36

thankyou very muchsmile good idea.

Hulababy Wed 12-Aug-09 21:30:03

Did you make any choices? I am back now; got home at lunch time. Was amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now