Talk

Advanced search

HELP...I want to book my flights and hotel separately to see if its cheaper but dont know where to start!

(6 Posts)
bottletopbill Tue 21-Jul-09 17:43:08

Can anyone help me plan this..never booked separately before and am struggling where to start!?

Turtle Beach, Barbados
Anytime May 2010
2 adults, 1 x 5 yr old.
10 or 14 nights
AI
Flying from anywhere (preference Birmingham, Manchester, London
Cheapest as possible Virgin quoting £4k

laughalot Tue 21-Jul-09 17:46:20

Just remember if you book it seperatley its not classed as a package so if the airline or hotel company go bust you cant get your money back for the whole trip.

Have you tried hayes and jarvis, tradewinds, premier, thomas cook signature ?

scrappydappydoo Tue 21-Jul-09 17:51:03

For flights try skyscanner.net - it can give you loads of options and might direct you to other cheaper companies....
Not sure about hotels...

DottieLottie Sat 25-Jul-09 16:10:06

For hotels just Google Turtle Beach Resort and you may find going direct to source is cheaper, will also give you US hotel discounters (hotels.com) etc.
Flights again have a look a virgin website just for flight otherwise not sure if BA goes there or try Jamacian Airlines - some of the charter airlines may go also - Monarch, Thompson etc - although they can be dearer than scheduled long haul.

Other flight option is to get flight into US and then buy one from US-barbados - Norhtwestern, Delta, United etc.

sausagerolemodel Sat 25-Jul-09 16:40:50

directly booking venue seems to come up at £3147 for the stay (14nts) and virgin flights are around 580 rtn per adult, so 4k may not be far off the price. Seems like its the resort not the flights that are racking up the price, althpough I am hungover and may be wrong about everything.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 26-Jul-09 17:46:17

Two adults and 1 child in May for one week comes in at around £1500 on BA in World Traveller. That is the flight cost only. They can also do flight and hotels as a package. Worth looking at and BA can also work out a lot cheaper than Virgin!.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now