Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about Sharm el Shiek - flight time, food & drink ,restaurants, hotels, things to do etc...

(3 Posts)
bottletopbill Sun 19-Jul-09 14:50:56

Thinking of goign here in May - my, hub and ds 5 yrs.

Need to know how long is flying time, where to stay - are there such places as family friendly hotels, can we go AI or is it all HB? Where to go with a 5 yr old during evening /day...are there any aqua parks.

Also food served and do you think 7 nights would be enough

mosschops30 Sun 19-Jul-09 14:56:47

May is unbearably hot, my auntie went this year, early may and it was 40 degrees most days!!
Flying timne, depends where youre flying from, from the south about 4.5-5 hours
First Choice have a very nice holiday village there.
Thats my knowledge Im afraid as I havent actually been, not my idea of an ideal holiday destination smile

FranSanDisco Sun 19-Jul-09 15:42:00

We went there last Christmas/New Year when it's much cooler. Our hotel offered only AI but I would never go to that hotel or do AI again as we tended to eat out alot. There is a hotel with a water park within its grounds but can't remember the name. My 8 yo and 6 yo really enjoyed snorkelling in Shark's Bay and the Quad Bike Safari though for a real thrill just take a local taxi into town hmm. Personally I think it is over hyped as a destination but then that could be down to the hotel I stayed in blush and I have many friends who think its the dogs b's (which is why we tried it).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now