Talk

Advanced search

pushchairs

(6 Posts)
mum2009 Fri 17-Jul-09 14:16:07

hi i am travelling first time with BA with 3 month son,does anyone know airport proceedures for pushchairs, i am assuming i can take it with me until boarding.Am i right?

thighsmadeofcheddar Fri 17-Jul-09 14:19:25

Yes, you can take it right up to the gate then they take it for you. When you get off the plane they usually have them waiting for you on the walkway bit.

alittlebitshy Fri 17-Jul-09 14:22:13

although when we went to Nz a few years ago they didn't have it waiting for us. we demanded it at the stopover/changeover in singapore but when we got to NZ it came out on the conveyer belt with the luggageby which point dd was in utter exhausted meltdown ( blush. But yes, until boarding generally!!

Have a good trip!

Kiwinyc Sun 19-Jul-09 17:45:34

take a sling with you to carry DS from the plane upon arrival through immigration and customs etc. It depends on the airport if its waiting for you, most cannot do it and it comes through with your luggage on the conveyor belt so you need to have an alternative until you get your buggy back.

oldraver Wed 22-Jul-09 23:57:09

Dont know where you are flying from but Birmingham Airport have a ridiculous set up where pushchairs come back into baggage reclaim on a different carousel to your luggage. I didnt know this as I was virtually last one off our plane (sleeping DS) and luggage had started to come through. The monitor just stated flight No etc... the info about puschairs is only displayed when Flight No isnt up IE when carousel hasnt any luggage on. I stood there wondering where the hell it was, all other luggage and passengers had cleared off leaving me thinking 'oh no'

MatNanPlus Thu 23-Jul-09 00:03:18

2nd the sling, it can be a god send as pushchairs can be the last loaded onto the belt.

A trick i have is wrapping the folded buggy in cling film, sounds nuts but each time have got back a clean and undamaged/scratched buggy also keeps hood/cosy toes inside and clean.

A buggy travel bag is also good to buy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now