Talk

Advanced search

Dubai - Please recommend family hotel and things to do with a 5 yr old?

(8 Posts)
bottletopbill Thu 16-Jul-09 21:44:07

thinking of doing this as a trip in May for my Hub's b.day with our just 5 yr old

Do you think its suitable place for families

PDR Mon 27-Jul-09 17:05:11

I am also interested in any family friendly hotels in Dubai if anyone has a recommendation!

poshtottie Mon 27-Jul-09 21:08:26

Jumeirah Beach hotel is sopposed to be family friendly www.jumeirah.com

I used to work for a family who used to stay at the Ritz Carlton.

Starmummy Tue 28-Jul-09 19:31:26

Jumeriah Beach Hotel is a fab hotel. It has a great childrens pool and play area. In addition you would have free entry to Wild Wadi Water park.

If you didnt want a hotel but an apartment, there are some fab apartments with hotel facilities.

All the hotels owned by jumeriah are along the same stretch and the facilites are inter changeable, so that is a good option. Otherwise they are all just hotels.

There are a few things to do with small children, the aquarium, the Dubai fountains (worlds tallest), the Burj Dubai (worlds tallest building) should be open by then. It is possible to swim with the dolphins although i dont know about a 5 yo. Boat trips on an old fashioned dhow. abra trips across the creek. Tethered ballon ride, camel rides, dune bashing. Sandcastles and paddling.

inscotland Wed 29-Jul-09 07:11:17

I am in Dubai at the moment. Staying at the Mina a Salam which is part of the Jumeirah group. No problems at all. You can use all of the facilities from all of the group hotels and there are water taxis and buggy's to take you around.

Starmummy Wed 29-Jul-09 15:26:40

Waves to Inscotland! Are you enjoying it? Humidity not toooo much for you wink

inscotland Thu 30-Jul-09 06:45:03

We're having a great time. Humid on Tuesday but not too bad since. Hotel is fantastic!

Starmummy Thu 30-Jul-09 07:23:18

Yeah it is one of my fav places. Love Bahri Bar and Pad Thai. Two of my most fav places in the world. also love the rooftop bar at the One & Only Royal Mirage. Waaayyy to hot to be sitting outside now in the evening all dressed up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now