Talk

Advanced search

Where is great to go in "May" to celebrate my hubby's 50th?

(13 Posts)
bottletopbill Fri 10-Jul-09 13:40:20

me, hub and our ds who will be 5 - we have to go around 22 May or last week May.

Wanted to go to the carribbean but not a good time May - any other suggestions on where is great in May for a family please?

bottletopbill Sun 12-Jul-09 08:12:44

anyone ideas please?!

scrappydappydoo Sun 12-Jul-09 08:45:00

Disney world - he can be a kid again and your ds will love it grin

squeaver Sun 12-Jul-09 08:50:16

Indian Ocean - Mauritius, Maldives or Seychelles.

newpup Sun 12-Jul-09 09:04:45

We went to the carribean the last week in April this year and it was absolutely wonderful! Is may supposed to be a bad time to go!

Can't recommend Antigua enough!

We love Disney World, Florida too. Last May we took our DDs to New York for a week. Loads to do for children and adults we had a blast.

smile

missmelly Sun 12-Jul-09 22:14:33

I went to Tobago in May and it was fabulous. .not sure why it's a bad time to go??

Hersetta Mon 13-Jul-09 11:39:28

I've been to several different Caribbean Islands plus mexico in May and always had fabulous weather - why do you think it's not a good time to go?

Also been to the Maldives in may which is slighly riskier as May is the begginning of the wet season but we've done it twice and have had a day or two of rain - you take your chance as it half the price of going in Jan/Feb peak season.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 13-Jul-09 11:40:47

It's not long haul, but the Amalfi coast is supposed to be amazing at that time of year. DH is going to take me for my birthday when DS is a bit older.

wotzy Tue 14-Jul-09 23:01:21

Late May is an excellent time for the Caribbean, just after Easter and before the summer season, you should get a good deal and the weathers great that time. Why not a good time?

bottletopbill Wed 15-Jul-09 22:36:00

I was always told Nov-April best time. fEb perfect we went on h.moon to St Lucia no rain or bed weather at all

ButterbeerAndLemon Wed 15-Jul-09 22:41:28

We've been to Tobago in May and that was great -- again, no rain or bad weather.

hmc Wed 15-Jul-09 22:47:07

We completely loved this resort in Greece

http://www.saniholidays.com/Saniholidays/Porto-Sani-Village/

5 star luxury without the ponce factor. Excellent kids club, lovely friendly staff without exception, fantastic location and facilities

Also Jumeira Beach in Dubai - one of our best family holidays

hmc Wed 15-Jul-09 22:47:27

You should subscribe to Conde Naste

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now