Talk

Advanced search

Kenya with 4yo and 6yo?

(5 Posts)
franch Thu 09-Jul-09 19:12:20

Any tips? Just a vague idea at the moment but we are looking at Lamu Island - ? Any other ideas/thoughts? Should we wait till they're older??

franch Thu 09-Jul-09 19:12:55

PS We want a villa holiday, not a resort

PDR Fri 10-Jul-09 12:53:22

I don't know what your budget is but I cam across this the other day:-

http://www.alfajirivillas.com/

We are going to Malindi tomorrow with 1yr old DS but staying at a hotel.

I would have said 4 and 6 is a great age myself!

My DS has had all the necessary jabs with no problems at all. What a great experience for them - do it.

There have currently suspended visa fees for children too and halved the cost for adults.

Disclaimer - my DH is Kenyan but I do not work for the tourist board wink !!!

weegiemum Fri 10-Jul-09 12:57:45

Not been to Kenya (or Africa at all) but we took kids of roughly this age to Central America a few years ago (they were 5, 3, 16 months) and they had a ball! Its great to expose kids to other places/cultures/languages etc.

Jags were a bit of a nightmare. But we did all sorts - backpacked round with them on the 'Chicken' buses etc, and it was fab, round Guatemala and Honduras.

Are planning a trip to Venezuela for next Easter (we love Latin America) and can't wait (even though it means more jags - Yellow Fever this time!)

franch Fri 10-Jul-09 13:52:07

That looks gorgeous PDR. Thanks for the encouragement - and from you weegie. We're not quite backpacking types but do get very excited about exploring different cultures, as you say. Latin America would be great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now