Talk

Advanced search

Singapore - swine flu quarantine on arrival at airport?

(5 Posts)
wouldbetraveller Wed 08-Jul-09 14:35:44

Due to fly out to Singapore in a few days, on route to Aus. Keep reading alarming things about temperature scanners at airport and people being quarantined for 6-7 days if they are ON SAME FLIGHT as anyone found to possibly be suffering from s. flu.!
(UK) government website for advice to travellers seems to to confirm this. Trip advisor discussion board suggests it is if you are sitting within 3 rows of a potential sufferer.
Anyone know current situation? I would be very grateful for an accurate and balanced picture.
Trying not to panic!
Thanks.

HolyGuacamole Wed 08-Jul-09 21:13:34

Bump

wouldbetraveller Thu 09-Jul-09 13:00:47

bump

jimmyjammys Tue 28-Jul-09 13:51:44

Singapore Airlines website say that they are no longer screening temperatures at the airport and no longer having to fill in health declaration forms so anyone travelling there should be ok for now.

playftseforme Tue 28-Jul-09 13:56:20

I was there at the end of May and at that point they had downgraded the 'concern' status, from being greeted by men in bio-suits to passing throught two temperature scanners as you arrive at Immigration. Not sure if that is still the case though. I still had to fill in a form when I checked in at the hotel stating where I had been in the last 7 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now