Talk

Advanced search

Anyone gone to a Virgin Hotel in Barbados?

(12 Posts)
dontdillydally Mon 06-Jul-09 16:16:34

Please advise best hotel for my hubby's 50th next MArch/April for us two and our 4 year old thanks

newpup Mon 06-Jul-09 16:31:04

Went to an absolutely fab one in Antigua over Easter. Never been to Barbados though sorry.

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 06-Jul-09 16:33:03

Turtle Beach is lovely

Rindercella Mon 06-Jul-09 16:45:17

I second Turtle Beach. I haven't stayed there, but it looks fab & is in a lovely location.

Any reason why you want a Virgin hotel specifically? Do you want to go AI, or would you be up for self catering? What part of the island do you fancy - would you prefer the plush West coast, or more relaxed South coast?

Sorry for the question, but I know Barbados fairly well so may be able to make some more recommendations for you. smile

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 06-Jul-09 17:17:10

Virgin don't have any of their own hotels, do they? They just feature some of them in their brochures.

If you're looking for safe, very calm seas then definitely aim for the West Coast. It's a bit rougher/less predictable on the South Coast.

Rindercella Mon 06-Jul-09 17:23:17

I assumed DDD meant the hotels listed in Virgin brochure/on their website?

BIWI, are you just talking about the sea being rougher on the south coast? grin

PestoMonster Mon 06-Jul-09 17:28:10

Yes, check out my review for Almond Beach Village.

dontdillydally Mon 06-Jul-09 18:05:20

Nope want the ease of booking via opertor and the ease of AI. Yes I was planning West Coast so will check out recommendations thanks

Rindercella Mon 06-Jul-09 18:09:01

Colony Club is lovely. Not sure if Virgin have it in their brochure or not. <Turtle Beach is South coast>

mumoverseas Mon 06-Jul-09 18:44:09

I stayed at the sea breeze hotel and it was a little basic compared with some of the other hotels if that is any help. This was however about 10 years ago so may have improved a lot since then.

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 06-Jul-09 22:22:22

Yes, Rindercella!!!

PestoMonster - we went to Almond Beach Village the first time we went to Barbados, but we were sadly disappointed. Housekeeping was really poor and it was too big, and too focused on young, singles - thankfully we were not close to the nightclub, but lots of families were and complained bitterly about it.

Turtle Beach, by comparison, is just families and is much smaller/more friendly.

Rindercella Mon 06-Jul-09 22:35:39

Just joking about the South coast being rough - I actually far prefer it to the West coast grin

Totally left field, but we stayed here last winter and it was lovely. Ok - it is on the South coast and is a self catering apartment (so not quite what you are after). But...it is in a stunning location. It is extremely well equipped. The views from the apartment are STUNNING )you can sit on the sofa and it feels like you must be on a ship in the middle of the Caribbean - the sea is that close). You are in the heart of The Gap, but do not hear too much of the night life around you. The people there are lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now