Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dominican Republic what currency to take?

(5 Posts)
rhksmum Thu 02-Jul-09 13:34:46

I'm going to the DR in a few weeks all inclusive so hopefully wont need much spending money but wondered whether to take more dollars than pesso's or more pesso's than dollars?

Thanks

frankbestfriend Thu 02-Jul-09 13:41:19

We took only dollars, most prices are in pesos and dollars, but I don't think it makes a great deal of difference.
I would reccomend buying your entrance visas over the net before you go to save queuing at the airport, and don't forget to save some cash for your exit tax, which is 20 dollars each iirc.
Dominican is fab, and the people ate amongst the nicest I have ever met, I'm sure you will have an amazing time.

frankbestfriend Thu 02-Jul-09 13:43:23

The people are not ate, that would just be silly blush

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 02-Jul-09 13:43:28

From the Foreign Office website on the Dominican Republic (under their travel advice section):-

The currency is the Dominican peso. American dollar and Travellers’ cheques are easily exchanged. Currency should be exchanged only at banks or official exchange offices (casas de cambio). UK debit and credit cards are widely accepted. Exercise caution when using debit/credit cards. There have been reports of fraudulent charges appearing after card usage in the Dominican Republic. Exercise caution and be aware of your surroundings when using an ATM card.

rhksmum Thu 02-Jul-09 23:00:19

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now