Talk

Advanced search

Help!! questions! questions questions!!!

(6 Posts)
dizzyg Tue 30-Jun-09 14:05:17

sorry long one!!!!
going to florida in september with my 8 month old can I take cartons of SMA through with me or is empty bottles and container of pre measured milk allowed or best or can i take bottles of water and premeasured powder?????? will they not think that it is funny having powder in unlabelled pot. if i buy bottle water what one is best?? and also what about Ellas garden food pouches are these allowed, but my main concern is the way home I know that they are super strict in florida customs whats best for the flight home!! as we have been before and remember them taking a womans baby food jars off her!!! have been to florida before with baby but have severe baby brain and have forgotten what I done last time!!

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 30-Jun-09 14:56:18

Put the SMA tins in your suitcase and take enough of these for the duration of your holiday. You cannot buy SMA in the US.

Any liquid items over 100mls will be taken off you. I would take the baby milk feeds pre-measured for the flight and buy water post security (this you can take on the aircraft). The other alternative is to phone the branch of Boots airside (some weeks before you travel) and ask them to put aside a supply of SMA for the flight for your baby's use.

Again ensure you have both enough milk powder and foodstuffs for the flight home. Again as long as no liquid is over 100ml it should not be taken off you.

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 30-Jun-09 14:59:45

Put the SMA tins in your suitcase and take enough of these for the duration of your holiday. You cannot buy SMA in the US.

Any liquid items over 100mls will be taken off you. I would take the baby milk feeds pre-measured for the flight and buy water post security (this you can take on the aircraft). The other alternative is to phone the branch of Boots airside (some weeks before you travel) and ask them to put aside a supply of SMA for the flight for your baby's use.

Again ensure you have both enough milk powder and foodstuffs for the flight home. Again as long as no liquid is over 100ml it should not be taken off you.

This may prove helpful as well with regards to the US:-
www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/formula.shtm

mumoverseas Tue 30-Jun-09 16:11:50

agree with Atilla ref taking SMA in your suitcase.
Ref the 100mls limit, baby milk/food is exempt from this rule however you may be asked to taste the milk/food. Therefore cartons is not a good idea as once opened you'll have to pour into a bottle or throw away. Saying this, on the way back from Florida last year in Orlando Int airport they were not the least bit interested in our baby food/milk and just ignored it hmm It was far worse at LGW!

Ref the flight out,as atilla said, you can buy cartons of SMA in Boots airside, perhaps phone them in advance and request they put some aside for you.
Also, take a bottle of made up milk and spare bottle(s) and powder and you can then make up during the flight. I bought a brilliant container in Mothercare that you can measure amounts of powder into and it has 3 separate sections, enough for the flight.

ref food, take a few jars but be prepared to open and test if security are being anal. You should also be able to buy a few jars in boots airside.

out there you can buy all sorts of baby food, gerber is particularly good

dizzyg Tue 30-Jun-09 19:43:46

thank you so much feel better you have to take so much stuff with you when you go away with a baby, I know that the US is good for baby food and nappies etc its just the milk situation, they used to do premeasured sachets SMA 4oz but they dont seem to do them any more why I dont know!! going to get the container from mothercare thanks!

lisa80 Tue 15-Sep-09 23:43:40

hi can anyone help,
we are going to the u.s.a florida in november i will be 5 months i will be staying in the u.s for the birth and coming home within a month, well thats the plan lol. i was hoping to take the ready made baby milk cow & gate the one that comes in the bottle with the teat, this wood make the trip so much better as i would'nt need to but any bottles milk ect:in the u.s.
can anyone help with regard to taking this into the u.s and on board the plane on our return. any sugestions welcome

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now