Talk

Advanced search

Sydney for three days - what are the must do's please?

(11 Posts)
MaggieW Tue 30-Jun-09 13:48:37

I'll be in Sydney with DS, 7, and DD, 6, late August. What are the unmissable things to do there please?

MatNanPlus Tue 30-Jun-09 14:01:47

Check out Taronga Zoo, we did the roar and snore and it was fantastic and they have updated the accomodation, we slept in the grounds with a basic shower/loo block.

BelleWatling Tue 30-Jun-09 14:03:50

Manly ferry to the beach
Botanical gardens at dusk when the bats fly
Fish market

CMOTdibbler Tue 30-Jun-09 14:36:39

I loved Taronga Zoo, and walking in the botanical gardens. Do the hop on/off bus tour to get your bearings round the city first, and then use it to get around

Rebeccaj Thu 09-Jul-09 16:51:33

Zoo; Aquarium; ferry, as the others said!

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 09-Jul-09 16:59:22

Go for a drink here

You should be able to go there during the day with the children. Fabulous views over the city.

Second Taronga zoo.

Lizzylou Thu 09-Jul-09 17:04:05

Oh, am so jealous, we went to Sydney 8 years ago pre-DC and it is an amazing city.
Second the botanical gardens for the fruit bats, the aquarium and zoo.

Darling Harbour seemed to have loads for children, just mooching around was great.

I got all excited by the Ibis, people thought I was mad as they are akin to pigeons or summat (or so my brother said, he may have been pulling my leg), but they looked so exotic grin

Have a great time, it will be fab.

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 09-Jul-09 17:26:08

Oh yes - also recommend the aquarium and zoo in Darling Harbour. Very good.

sunnydelight Thu 23-Jul-09 03:26:14

The Maritime Museum in Darling Harbour is also worth a visit. You can get a combined ticket for the Aquarium and Wilflife World which gives you good savings. My kids love to eat in Chinatown (just by Darling Harbour).

Be aware you only need to pay for one child on public transport, subsequent children are free. It will be a nice quiet time to visit as all the kids go back to school here next week after the Winter holiday.

hellywobs Fri 07-Aug-09 16:11:34

I'm also in Sydney late August - thanks for all the tips and thanks to Maggie for asking!

PestoMonster Fri 07-Aug-09 16:45:18

Circle line ferry to Manly - do their seaworld centre and the beaches, stuff your face on the Corso.

Centrepoint tower - the views from the top are amazing.

Taronga zoo - also accessible by Circle Line ferry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now