Talk

Advanced search

travelling to west australia on my own with 2yr old. any tips?

(4 Posts)
GetToFalkirk Sun 28-Jun-09 20:00:26

have been before many times with partner and have also travelled with dd when she was 4mths old but that was with dp. any tips for doing it alone?

thighsmadeofcheddar Mon 29-Jun-09 11:58:11

Are you going through Singapore? Great airport for filling in some transit time. Pool, transit hotel, playpark etc

Take loads of new mini toys and chocolate buttons for emergencies. At 2 she will have her own seat so that is helpful. Inflight entertainment will help.

(I just went to Sydney on my own with my nearly 3 year old and Singapore Airlines were fantastic.)

GetToFalkirk Mon 29-Jun-09 20:58:26

thanks cheddar. I am going Singapore. i have a six hour stoppover and should be booking into the transit hotel for a wee break. i just need to get her used to wearing headphoes for the inflight entertainment now !!!

AnneinOz Sat 04-Jul-09 14:52:53

Perth is an easy city to get around with a toddler. If you are staying close to the centre check out the toddlers park within Kings Park (entrance off Kings Park Road). The Zoo is also a favourite outing. If you have a car, the cuddley animal farm in Henley Brook is nice. There is also an aquarium at Hillaries Boat Habour. If it's raining Scitech is a good activity. There is also an indoor toddler park called 'Toddler Town' in Morley. It's not beach weather in Perth at this time of the year. For sunshine take a flight to Broome. There are fantastic national parks up north too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now