Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for holiday destinations in the US with preschoolers

(5 Posts)
blowninonabreeze Thu 25-Jun-09 22:40:12

I'm planning a holiday to celebrate PIL 60th birthdays in 2011 (I know I know!)

3 generations, the grandchildren will be between a few months to 5 years old.

SIL and family live in Wisconsin and we'll be coming from the UK.

The obvious choice is Florida I suppose but think the children will be too young for disney. Any suggestions for destinations relatively easy to get to from the UK, reasonable weather (but not too hot) and plenty for preschoolers to be entertained by.

blowninonabreeze Fri 26-Jun-09 10:42:19

no-one?

moondog Fri 26-Jun-09 10:44:28

I don't hold with plannig holidays around real or imagined pre-schoolers preferences.Anywhere will be fun and interesting.
I don't think being under 5 makes you automatically eligible for kidddeeeee friendleeeee hellholes.

We've travelled loads with our kids.Never crossed my mind to plan it for them.

blowninonabreeze Fri 26-Jun-09 10:59:21

Probably worded with a bias toward the children but not what I intended, we want somewhere which will be great for all 3 generations, just looking for inspiration within the US as despite SIL living there and being married to an American she can't come up with anything beyond disney so far!

mumoverseas Fri 26-Jun-09 15:56:32

there is a lot more in Florida than Disney. Seaworld is good for all ages and also Kennedy Space centre and the beaches on the coasts.

And you are never too young (Or old) for Disney wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now