Talk

Advanced search

A backpack for a Toddler/Preschooler - any suggestions?

(12 Posts)
Wills Wed 24-Jun-09 20:45:30

I'm off to Florida in August. For my sins I will be (hopefully) 26weeks pregnant and travelling on my own with my 3 kids the eldest of which is Aspergic and may well flip out. My mum has kindly offered to kit out a backpack for each child full of things for them to do on the plane. I want a proper backpack for the three year old. Are littlelife the only options on the market aimed at this age group. he's got the build of the next England Rugby Scrum player so he could probably wear bigger BUT I like the idea of a the strap so I can have some chance of containing him in the airport. Are there any other makes. Are littlelife any good?

Overmydeadbody Wed 24-Jun-09 20:47:39

Is there a Decathalon near you?

If so, get down to it, they have a fab selection of children's backpacks, proper ones, DS has a quechua one and it is perfect.

Or, if you have a Mountain Warehouse store near you, they also do good children's backpacks.

blithedance Wed 24-Jun-09 20:48:08

Littlelife are great, beautifully made, I favoured the plainer ones rather than the novelty ladybird style or whatever they were.
They are very tiny though.

I noticed Decathlon have small rucksacks in loads of colours, if you are near one. You could always attach a plain dog lead to the handle...

Habbibu Wed 24-Jun-09 20:48:19

Littlelife are good - not huge, but would take (say) Mr Men books, crayons, wee notepad, etc etc plus other small stuff. And the strap and handle are good. DD loves hers - she's a big 2.8yo.

blithedance Wed 24-Jun-09 20:48:44

grin OMDB

Overmydeadbody Wed 24-Jun-09 20:57:01

lol

It was the fabulous range of colours that swung it for me tbh, was nice to have an option that wasn't blue or camouflage for DS.

accessorizequeen Wed 24-Jun-09 20:58:52

Littlelife do a bigger kid's backpack that might suit. Clippasafe also do a backpack with a strap which looks a little bigger.
Samsonite sammies do a range of cute backpacks too.
Kipling do a fab child's backpack, but couldn't find it when searching, it was considerably more expensive but would probably last through 3 more kids!

Wills Wed 24-Jun-09 21:03:31

Wow guys and to think I was concerned no one would answer. Big thanks

accessorizequeen Wed 24-Jun-09 21:06:09

I was thinking about a decent one each for my ds's so fancied the research!

Wills Wed 24-Jun-09 21:08:55

What I like about the ones with the straps is that they also clip the child in. It wouldn't take long my ds to workout how to shrug out of an ordinary back pack and leg it - probably just as my aspergic eldest is in full melt down grin.

accessorizequeen Wed 24-Jun-09 21:13:27

None of mine have aspergers but agree that chest straps v.useful - also more comfortable for the child I think. I did have a littlelife one (not the animal ones) and I sold it on as it was so tiny and when you pulled on the strap ds kind of fell over shock

Wills Wed 24-Jun-09 21:29:21

lol! Mind you the way my son is built I would probably fall over and be dragged after him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now