Talk

Advanced search

Portable dvd for longhaul flight query

(6 Posts)
redhotredhead Mon 22-Jun-09 22:51:42

Am about to fly Thai Airways to Bali next week alone with my 6yo twins and have just discovered they don't have individual tv screens for the kids to choose their own movies etc. I feel like having a full blown panic attack! Flew with Virgin to South Africa 18 months ago and the fab in flight entertainment system was a life saver - I just assumed that all long haul airlines had those individual systems these days. So any top tips on portable DVD players with long battery life gratefully received. Friend has also suggested audio book on ipod idea. Have one ipod so that will keep one of them occupied for a while. Any other thoughts?

hifi Tue 23-Jun-09 10:43:31

i have this one for dd about 4.5 hours battery life

rosbif Tue 23-Jun-09 11:35:39

Could you not just take a laptop (if you have one) with an extra battery? About to do a similar journey with 6yo twins and 2 year old! Good luck and enjoy fab Bali

daisysue2 Tue 23-Jun-09 15:56:58

Tesco sell a battery life extender for the Ipods or iphone they take AA batteries. Makes such a difference as Ipod only last for 4 hours.

redhotredhead Tue 23-Jun-09 19:31:54

Brilliant thank you - had no idea there were such things as batery life extenders. Have managed to find portable dvd player on amazon that takes 6 AA batteries so have ordered one of those. Fingers crossed.

Another question - can you buy some sort of adaptor thingy that means can plug two sets of headphones into one dvd player?

DadInsteadofMum Wed 24-Jun-09 12:14:41

Yes - any electronics shop (e.g. Maplin should be able to sell you one).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now