Talk

Advanced search

Best time of the year for the Carribbean?

(6 Posts)
dontdillydally Mon 15-Jun-09 22:15:11

Its my hubs 50th next year and I wan to do a special hol with us and ds age 5 by then. He loves Barbados, St Lucia etc... but thinking about when best to go

hester Mon 15-Jun-09 22:17:16

Between November and May. This is also, sadly, the most expensive time to visit smile

SoupDragon Mon 15-Jun-09 22:17:24

I've done Antigua in March & regularly in July/early August. It was hot and sunny with the odd tropical storm thrown in. When it rains, it gets it over and done with though - none of this sulk-for-hours British rain.

dontdillydally Mon 15-Jun-09 22:19:07

Ive done St Lucia in Feb and Dominican end March so Im guessing before May would be better.

hester Mon 15-Jun-09 22:23:08

Barbados is a bit different from the rest of the Caribbean in terms of geology and climate - don't ask me to explain because I can't, something about volcanic rock?! - but I have visited several times in March and it was always 29 degrees and only rarely rainy.

SomeGuy Wed 17-Jun-09 12:35:45

Before December 15th, when hotel prices rise massively. They're very expensive from I think December 15th through to April. Not sure when high season ends, but you might get good prices in April or possibly May. But November is the best bet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now