Talk

Advanced search

Please help me conquer upset tummies on long haul flights....

(5 Posts)
Paranoid1stTimer Tue 09-Jun-09 23:50:14

Ok... This aint pretty but I seem to have major problems with getting an upset tummy during long haul flights... I am terrified of flying but have had hypnotherapy to help alleviate the panic attacks but I still get a really upset stomach while on the flights.

We are flying to Oz this summer and I am dreading the flights anyway without the added discomfort of being sick and having bottom troubles the whole way. It will be even more inconvenient since I will have to look after LO.

Anyway, no one I know in RL will admit to having this kind of trouble while flying so either I am a complete freak and no one knows what I am talking about or it is so embarrassing to discuss that I can only anonymously turn to you helpful people for some advice...

Thanks in advance... blush blush blush

SOLOisMeredithGrey Wed 10-Jun-09 01:36:09

O M G! yes! my Ds and I had terrible tummies on our flights back from Oz in 91. In the end I bought some nasty stuff from a pharmacy in Singapore airport and it helped considerably. Could you take some Immodium with you to tackle it quickly? I think that's what I'd do if I was doing the long haul again Good luck!

Paranoid1stTimer Wed 10-Jun-09 08:02:05

Thanks for the advice on Immodium. I was thinking Peptobismal but it didn't really help enough the last time so I will defo get Immodium. You can get capsules can't you? Not sure why flying has this effect. Must just be a result of all the adrenaline cos I get so blimmin terrified on take off and landing (and during the flight if I think about it too much which shouldnt be a problem this time as will have LO with us!)

Thanks for making me feel less of a weirdo!!!

sunnydelight Wed 10-Jun-09 12:38:28

I never leave home without immodium blush On any long jouney I take it beforehand "just in case" tbh. The stuff works and reduce my anxiety levels no end grin

SOLOisMeredithGrey Wed 10-Jun-09 18:40:18

91? hmm should've been 01! but all the same...make sure you drink plenty of water too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now