Talk

Advanced search

First Aid Kit - Egypt?

(5 Posts)
Eve4Walle Fri 05-Jun-09 15:32:17

What general things would it be prudent to take?

Am trying to make a list of the things I'll need. I am travelling with my children, aged 16 momths and 5.

Has anyone got any ideas?

loulou33 Fri 05-Jun-09 20:52:27

Diarolyte sachets are essential as you are bound to get a tummy upset at some point or a bit dehydrated due to the heat. Plasters, antiseptic wipes, cream and that 'no wash' hand gel were all useful to us when we went a few years ago. I always have calpol with us too. Chemists are really helpful in egypt but i would rather take the stuff from home iyswim hth

QOD Fri 05-Jun-09 20:58:27

their chemists are great, very educated and sspeak better English than us LOL
You can buy just about anything over the counter, but I second the gel stuff, use it after EVERY time you handle money and before eating and you will be fine.

snigger Fri 05-Jun-09 21:13:38

Citricidal - grapefruit seed extract - if you take this daily it's supposed to have an antibacterial effect but it tastes hellish - we took it and had no ill effects all holiday.

Hair defence spray, travel sickness tablets, UV Lip balm.

Anti-bacterial cleaning wipes - if you do any tours or such like it's worth a swipe over tables, bus armrests etc.
Peppermint foot spray - again, for the tours and the long walking.
Loo roll - once more with the tours - you'd be shocked how many times you'd wished you'd brought some...

gordonpym Sat 06-Jun-09 07:54:09

well, I had the opposite problem when on red sea the first time. I had nothing against constipation!! I was avoiding fruits and vegs,so I guess it was my fault. So don't forget something soft for constipation!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now