Talk

Advanced search

airport transfer company that provides car seats

(8 Posts)
makemineaginandtonic Mon 09-Feb-09 09:33:17

Does anyone know a car company in the wimbledon area that can do airport transfers with lots of luggage and will provide two car seats for our children?

madwomanintheattic Mon 09-Feb-09 09:41:52

mostly they don't as it is not a legal requirement, so they don't bother... i've not found one. how little are your children? will you need car seats on the plane in any case? (we once had a memorable long haul filght with dd1 lap-sat, as the cabin crew refused to let her use her (paid for) seat without a car seat... the fact that it was illegal to use a UK car seat at our destination (and in fact on the (foreign-owned)flight) didn't seem to make a difference lol.

it wasn't the best journey we've ever had tbh...
hope you have a nice time anyway!

london Mon 09-Feb-09 09:46:57

The one we use (unfortunately in North London) will take and keep our own car seats and put them in the car that comes to pick us up again. Not sure how it wld work if you only got airport transfer one way, but worth ringing around and asking. There are some companies that do airport transfers as main business, usually called Airport Something to help bemused potential customers!

makemineaginandtonic Mon 09-Feb-09 09:54:17

Our girls are 4 and 2 and both have seats booked. Madwoman, my worst fear is them not being allowed to use their seats, how old was your dd? We are going Singapore airlines to Australia. I will go totally beserk if they don't let them sit in their seats!

makemineaginandtonic Mon 09-Feb-09 10:00:59

Turns out our local mini cab company can do it and provide car seats! Who'd have thought...

bran Mon 09-Feb-09 10:01:31

Addison Lee use cars that have a built in child seat. We've used them in the past and they are very good, if a bit expensive.

madwomanintheattic Mon 09-Feb-09 10:37:55

over 2 you should be fine grin
the 2nd birthday was the cut-off i think...
our 9 hours was bad enough lol, but all the way to oz would have finished me grin

glad you've found someone!

mandido Sat 01-Aug-15 11:08:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now