Talk

Advanced search

affordable Carribbean holidays, suggestions please!

(12 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Fri 30-Jan-09 16:43:12

Message withdrawn

poshtottie Fri 30-Jan-09 17:20:56

Sunsail in Antigua is very nice and has a good kids club.

FiveGoMadInDorset Fri 30-Jan-09 17:21:31

Second sunsail

Yorkiegirl Fri 30-Jan-09 19:05:28

Message withdrawn

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 30-Jan-09 20:25:11

antigua is lovely

tbh most hotels are AI there and have kids clubs so take your pick

Mimsy2000 Fri 30-Jan-09 20:30:30

went to st lucia a few years ago. this was before kids, but st lucia was lovely and not as touristy as other parts of the caribbean. if you stay atlantic side you could prob save a bundle and the island is so small it's an easy drive to caribbean sea and also the atlantic side is pretty warm too. [we went in february!]

bodiddly Fri 30-Jan-09 20:36:42

went to antigua all inclusive pre-ds and loved it! Not sure I would want to go for more than a week though.

cheapskatemum Sat 31-Jan-09 18:52:47

Club Caribbean in Jamaica (Runaway Bay, between Montego Bay & Ocho Rios) ticks all your boxes. We've been 3 times & always enjoyed it. For a 3* it's got lots of facilities. It's also not far from Dunn's River Falls. Virgin Atlantic & BWIA fly to Montego Bay.

waitingforgodot Sat 31-Jan-09 22:04:07

Hi Yorkiegirl. Am watching this thread with interest. Have been to Cuba but wouldn't go back. Any other suggestions?

Decorator Sat 04-Jul-09 19:36:57

Message withdrawn

dontdillydally Mon 06-Jul-09 16:19:34

gosh youve written my thread!!! We too are looking for an affordable hol to celebrate hubbys BIG birthday next May - as its better to go Feb-April I dont have much time to save so like you am looking for a budget one.

We went to the Dom Rep pre-ds and that was gorgeous very undrated stayed at Rui Bachatta....actually may look at that!

daisysue2 Mon 06-Jul-09 19:20:59

Rex in Grenada. It's a great area Grenada, very safe, Rex is on a good beach not sure about the hotel but know Grenada very well and saw there were some good deals with BA or Virgin can't remember which.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now