Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for a 2-yr old in Orlando please!

(5 Posts)
minniemummy Wed 22-Oct-08 13:54:53

My parents spend half the year in Orlando and have a house there, so although we have been several times before we've never had to think about what to do with our 2yr old! Can anyone suggest any good activities?

I'm particularly interested if there are any soft play places or anything like that.

Otherwise, so far am thinking:

- Sea World
- Downtown Disney
- Trip on the river to Blue Springs to see the manatees
- Animal Kingdom?
- Typhoon Lagoon (although he's not terribly water confident).

Any suggestions welcome! Thank you.

minniemummy Wed 22-Oct-08 21:44:08

bump please if anyone is out there!

scrappydappydoo Wed 22-Oct-08 21:51:15

We were out there in April with dd1 who was 2 - she absolutely loved all of disney - I was worried she was too young but she wasn't at all. We didn't do the waterparks as thought she wasn't ready yet...
Downtown disney has a lego store which I had to drag dh out of..
Have been told universal have their suess landing area for kids..
Can we come and stay too?? grin

mumoverseas Thu 23-Oct-08 13:37:36

If you go to Seaworld the kids play area, Shamu's happy harbour is fab for little ones. My DD was 21 months when we went in the summer and she loved it.
Didn't do Typhoon lagoon but did Blizzard beach and there was a fabulous area just for kids (think it was called Tykes corner) which was great. Had lots of little slides aimed at the smaller customers and she had a great time.
Obviously all the other parks, ie Disney/Universal have some rides aimed at the smaller ones. I'm sure you'll have a great time

minniemummy Fri 24-Oct-08 21:18:50

Thanks, both helpful. I get slightly anxious/frazzled if we don't have some kind of vague plan for the day and I think he's better when we're out and about as well!

Full house at my folks I'm afraid... my brother and his wife will also be there (think they wanted a holiday without kids ha ha!) plus his friend and his fiancee (hopefully babysitting opportunities there, they'll want the practice, right?!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now