Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If there are 4 of you flying (2 adults, 2 children) but the seats are in a row of 3, what is the best way to book your seats?

(11 Posts)
Oliveoil Tue 21-Oct-08 15:53:22

2 rows of 2

or one of 3 and a lonesome 1 over the aisle?

think we will be flying on this baby

there are 2 seats right at the back but they are near the galley kitchen doodar, is that a problem? noise etc

thanks!

FimboGotAxed Tue 21-Oct-08 15:56:05

We do 3 and 1. With the 1 being an aisle seat too. That way you can get up and down without disturbing anyone. Also you can swop around and perhaps each have a turn at some peace.

Are you off to your new life before Christmas?

ruddynoraaaaaaggggggghhhhh Tue 21-Oct-08 15:57:35

3 and 1.

you probably wouldn't be allowed a back seat with children. too near an exit usually.

Nagapie Tue 21-Oct-08 15:58:20

How old are your children?

I would think that 1 of 3 and an aisle seat would be the best bet as long as you are the one in the aisle seat and can pretend that you have nothing to do with the other row grin

bozza Tue 21-Oct-08 15:59:40

We also do 3 and 1. I think having a full row to your family group is a big advantage regards spreading out and not having to take care not to invade others' space. Also both children can get up and down without having to go past anyone else.

Ripeberry Tue 21-Oct-08 16:04:56

When we flew to South Africa back in February we were lucky to have a whole middle row to ourselves.
On the connecting flights we sat one adult and two kids and one adult by themselves.
That way one of us could get a rest!

LapinsBeenMarried4Years Tue 21-Oct-08 16:06:44

Take the two sets of two right at the back, so you have a block of 4. You get a lot more space around you and you are near the loo!

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Tue 21-Oct-08 16:07:52

1 + 3. Adult, aisle, adult, child, child. If your'e feeling kind, switch the single adult for the return flight.

CountessDracula Tue 21-Oct-08 16:12:25

I would leave the kids in coach and turn left wink

Alternatively I agree, one and three
then you can take it in turns

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Tue 21-Oct-08 16:12:32

where one child is next to the window. Children should always be sat together so they can amuse themselves prodding their sibling.

Oliveoil Wed 22-Oct-08 09:40:28

MN has spoken smile

3 and 1 it is (children are 4 and 6 (tomorrow!))

you may be right re exits, I think you have to be an able bodied adult to sit in the 2 rows either side (iirc)

CD - yes, I did mention to dh that if it was the new airbus, I was in the flatbeds at the front

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now