Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used BAs car seats that click into the bassinet position?

(8 Posts)
NGiaretta Tue 21-Oct-08 11:49:28

Hi, we're flying from London to Singapore with a 7 month old. Apparently she'll be too big for the bassinet (only provided up to 6 months) but they might have a Britax seat that clips into the same place.

I'm wondering how comfortable / useful they are, I'm not feeling positive about the likelihood of her sleeping in a seat with everything else going on....

Anyone else ever heard of or used one of these?
Thanks

lulalullabye Tue 21-Oct-08 11:52:30

Yep, we flew to New York with BA. They are like soft car seats that recline or sit up. They go fairly flatish and dd slept really well in hers. It will be fine smile. But if you fly that route again, go with Singapore Airlines, much better.

mumoverseas Tue 21-Oct-08 11:53:21

Hi, I flew to Orlando with BA last summer when my DD was around 9 months old. She had the carseat option which fits into the same space where the bassinet is normally fitted. BA is quite good as they have the fold down bit which the seat/bassinet sits on unlike other airlines such as Emirates which just fit into holes in the wall which is a bit worrying.
I thought it was fabulous and also, as it was upright, DD had a good view around the cabin as opposed to looking at the ceiling. Seem to recall that it could recline too for naps.Make sure you book one well in advance as they only have limited availability and confirm a few days before your departure too. Good luck

PortAndDemon Tue 21-Oct-08 11:53:54

Based on doing London-Beijing three years ago (so things may have changed) it's more like a bouncy chair (but not a very bouncy bouncy chair) than a carseat, really.

DS (7 months at the time) dozed in it for half an hour or so at a time, but he didn't really "do" bouncy chairs at the time. There was a (small, so she fit the chair fine) 11-month-old next to us on the return journey and she slept quite well.

Sounds as though they may be quite different now, though.

PortAndDemon Tue 21-Oct-08 11:54:57

Cross-posted... those do definitely sound better than what we had.

MrsSplat Tue 21-Oct-08 17:13:08

How wriggly/active are they? Just done a BA overnight long-haul with 10 mo. It was the Britax 'bouncy chair' thing, in recline position.

She wouldn't settle for more than 30 mins and would kind of wake herself up and holler when she knocked against the side of the seat. Ended up sleeping on me/my seat

That said, helpful to have somewhere safe to plonk them if you need to fiddle with hand-baggage during the flight, or if you have to pop to the loo. The staff are v. helpful too.

babyOcho Sun 26-Oct-08 21:58:26

DD was just over 6 months when she went in it on the way back from San Francisco. She screamed her head off whenever I put her in it, despite the fact that she was knackered. She ended up sleeping on me.

MrsMattie Sun 26-Oct-08 22:01:07

Yes. We travelled loads when DS was a baby and he was way too big for the bassinet from very early on. We found the 'car seat' thingy invaluable. It wasn't perfect - our son didn't fly well, anyway, and was an extremely wriggly, active toddler - but it was better than any other options, seeing as he point blank refused to sleep on our knees.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now