Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A good place to stay on Cape Cod?

(7 Posts)
Novembergirl Tue 14-Oct-08 11:54:57

We are off to New England for half-term: flying into and out of Boston and spending a five nights touring some of MA.

We would love to visit (and spend two nights on) Cape Cod but I am having difficulties finding somewhere for us to stay (the entire holiday was last minute, in case you are wondering).

DS is 3, so too young for many inns, other inns and hotels I have looked at seem to have fairly mixed (love it or hate it) reviews.

So, if anyone could recommend somewhere nice (i.e. good quality, not too expensive, ideally with some character) to stay in or around Chatham, the Upper Cape or Sandwich, I would be extremely grateful.

Novembergirl Tue 14-Oct-08 11:56:01

We are off to New England for half-term: flying into and out of Boston and spending a five nights touring some of MA.

We would love to visit (and spend two nights on) Cape Cod but I am having difficulties finding somewhere for us to stay (the entire holiday was last minute, in case you are wondering).

DS is 3 so too young for many inns, other inns and hotels I have looked at seem to have fairly mixed (love it or hate it) reviews.

So, if anyone could recommend somewhere nice (i.e. good quality, not too expensive, ideally with some character) to stay in or around Chatham, the Upper Cape or Sandwich, I would be extremely grateful.

Twirl Tue 14-Oct-08 18:01:07

You could try renting a cottage, much easier with kids - i have used this site beforewww.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/massachusetts/cape-cod#3379
Chatham is lovely!

SqueakyPop Tue 14-Oct-08 18:06:02

When we go to Cape Cod, we always stay at Green Harbor Inn (gogreenharbor is their web address, iirc) in East Falmouth (upper cape). We only stay there because everyone else in our family stays there. It is OK, but zero character. There is no food, but they do have nice pools, and free boats from their dock. There is no restaurant, but do have cooking facilities in the rooms and grills outside.

DadInsteadofMum Tue 14-Oct-08 21:57:04

SP do you usually go during the summer. The Cape is a bit wild at this time of year, surf can easily get up to 6' on the Atlantic shore.

We have been over at this of year before (and will be there again this year for a family wedding); a lot will be closed up for the winter and on the Cape that means boarded up.

That said I think it is a fantastic time to visit, you can drive down route 6 with out being nose to tail, and you can drive straight over the Sagamore bridge without queueing for 3 hours.

Can't recommend anywhere as we stay with family, but if you haven't found anywhere shout and I will ask family.

SqueakyPop Wed 15-Oct-08 04:47:16

We always go in mid/late July - peak season, but haven't found it horrifically busy

kanchan Wed 15-Oct-08 09:38:59

We've stayed at a gorgeous cottage on Depot Pond in Eastham. Try googling, there are only 5 cottages by this lake (or pond as they're called over there!) all owned by the same owner.

Maine is beautiful....I recommend Kennebunk and Kennebunkport...lovely inns in the area which cater for small children. I booked with Expedia, but i'm sorry, can't remember the name of the inns we stayed at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now