Talk

Advanced search

Florida for first timer with 5 month old and 4 year old - anyone got any invaluable tips?!

(7 Posts)
pinacolada82 Mon 29-Sep-08 17:28:37

Please? I know I am going to forget something vital, is there anything I wont be able to do without that I wont think of?
Also, this might be a silly quesion, but is the tap water ok over there to boil to make up baby formula or is it advisable to use bottled water?

Thank you smile

pinacolada82 Tue 30-Sep-08 13:46:36

anyone ??
hmm

babblington Tue 30-Sep-08 13:50:43

American's don't have nappy sacks.

babblington Tue 30-Sep-08 13:51:28

excuse unnecessary apostrophe!

pinacolada82 Tue 30-Sep-08 14:24:07

oh, how odd!

Twirl Tue 30-Sep-08 23:37:35

Hello, Yes, you can get nappy sacks here and yes you can use boiled water for bottles. Formula is different from the UK though (and very sweet) so bring your usual brand with you. Look for CVS (equivalent of Boots) for all your usual baby stuff. Am happy to help with any other questions (I am on East Coast).

meadow6 Wed 01-Oct-08 13:42:24

We have been with 10month and this year a 7month old baby. When are you going? To be honest you can get everything you need from any walmart, publix (big supermarket). Formula is different and very expensive. So bring your own if possible. Is your baby on solids? It was impossible to get baby food warmed in any of the restaurants in the parks. Most have a baby centre but to be honest I wanted to feed my baby when the rest of us were eating so I took a small flask of hot water to heat it up in.( mothercare). This has probably been my best investment for a long time. Shame I only discovered it with 4th child. Microwave steriliser? Bedding for baby? We were provided with travel cot but had to bring blankets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now