Talk

Advanced search

anyone been on the sex and the city tour in new york?

(10 Posts)
lizandlulu Mon 29-Sep-08 15:42:41

i am going in december and i dont know weather to wait and book it as soon as i get there, or try and book it on the internet here befroe we go.

but i dont know how to go about that. i just wanted to know if other people had done it.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 29-Sep-08 16:07:54

www.screentours.com/tour.php/satc/

The above website should be helpful. You will need to book the tickets in advance as the tour does often sell out.

It can also be very cold in NY in December.

lizandlulu Mon 29-Sep-08 17:25:25

i dont mind the cold at all grin

could you just explain, how does the tour know you have booked the tickets if i book them in this country? i just dont understand how it works.

yes i am a little densegrin

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 29-Sep-08 17:58:18

Hi,

I have previously booked tickets online for various US based tours and excursions.

What normally happens with such things is that when you go to collect the tickets (they should send you an e-mail confirmation after you've paid for the tickets) you should bring with you your credit card used to pay with them along with some photo id (like your passport). Its normally quite a painless process and they hand over the paper tickets at the stage.

HTH

lizandlulu Mon 29-Sep-08 19:58:07

ok thank you.
so do you collect the tickets in america when the tour starts or before?

i am thinking about just going to a few palces seperately rather than taking the tour. i only really want to go to magnolia bakery and a couple other places.

but i am not sure what to do.

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 30-Sep-08 07:36:37

You would collect the actual tickets in the US when the tour starts.

If you only want to go to the Magnolia Bakery you'd be better off making your own way there (and staying longer there too; think that stop on the tour is short). Buy a detailed map of Manhattan and plan your own route!.

lizandlulu Tue 30-Sep-08 09:18:22

i have read the reviews on that site and it also stops at the front of carries house (in the series obv!) which i wouldnt be able to find on my own, i think i will bite the bullet and book the tour.

CHOOGIRL Wed 01-Oct-08 23:04:30

It is good fun if you are a fan. Usually mainly women, with a couple of guys who have been dragged along. Starts at Plaza hotel, then visits landmarks Barneys, Jimmy Choo, etc. You stop at Patricia Field's shop and also the Rampant Rabbit shop (can't remember name). Also you get to drink in Steve's bar. You go to the magnolia bakery and can also get a photo on Carrie's stoop. SJP does live nearby so if you are lucky and see her she does sometimes stop for a chat. It is not a tour of the seven wonders of the world but for a SATC fan it is a great way to spend a morning in NY.

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 02-Oct-08 07:28:13

www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60763-d1060690-r20377163-Sex_and_the_City_Hotspots_Tour-New_Yor k_City_New_York.html

Som eup to date reviews. Re Carrie's stoop the current owner has stopped this from happening.

lizandlulu Thu 02-Oct-08 16:48:32

yes i saw that, i wonder if it is just till they get it cleaned off though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now