Talk

Advanced search

Lapland

(5 Posts)
SinCity Tue 23-Sep-08 19:11:28

Don't know if Lapland is classed as longhaul so sorry if its in the wrong forum.

I've just found a 3 day trip to Lapland for the 14th dec. Sounds lovely, works out at just over £1000 for me and two kids. Expensive for 3 days away but we'd only ever do it once so I don't mind too much.

Has anyone been and was it worth it?

DadInsteadofMum Tue 23-Sep-08 22:37:48

Yes, yes, yes.

Dcs absolutely loved it, I presume you are going to see Santa? Its a once in a life time experience for them and £1,000 actually sounds very reasonable compared to other I have seen advertised.

Wrap up warm and enjoy.

Katisha Tue 23-Sep-08 22:39:18

I wonder about this every year, and nearly book and then chicken out. Who was it with?

DadInsteadofMum Tue 23-Sep-08 22:54:51

Only thing I would say is I found that less than 5 and they will suffer is the weather is exceptionally cold (and of course they need to be young enough still to believe).

I have found only two firms who do the trips everybody else seems to be just acting as an agent Canterbury and emagine.

Having done the trip twice (dcs over a just too wide age range!) once with each, both were good but emagine just had the edge.

mumoverseas Sun 28-Sep-08 09:58:05

sounds fabulous. I took my kids about 5 or 6 years ago for a day trip and that cost around £1,400 for 2 adults and 2 kids! sounds like a bargain. Seem to recall mine was booked with Canterbury travel. Kids had a fantastic (if long day) went on snowmobiles, husky and reindeer sleigh rides and of course, met santa! go for it before they are too old to enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now