Talk

Advanced search

too much choice (sorry not for the envious)

(26 Posts)
lahdidah Tue 23-Sep-08 09:33:09

ok, we are in the ridiculously luxurious position of being able to go pretty much anywhere for 2 - 4 weeks in December/Jan!! I know, can't believe it myself...
but we have 2 DCs who will be 1 and nearly 4, so not that keen on longhaul, and definitely could do without jetlag.
so the question is where would you recommend that is adventurous but child-friendly, good enough weather to be outside but not too hot and stuff to do with kids. ideally there would be other kids around too so that they can entertain themselves and dh and I can reeeelax wink.

nailpolish Tue 23-Sep-08 09:34:19

what a patronising thread title

Lizzylou Tue 23-Sep-08 09:35:28

Smug thread title aside
Canary Islands/Cyprus/Tunisia?

ComeOVeneer Tue 23-Sep-08 09:35:34

I somehow doubt you are going to get much help, from the tone of your posting. BTW did you join MN especially to start this thread or have you name changed hmm.

ComeOVeneer Tue 23-Sep-08 09:36:22

OH and btw am not in the slightest bit envious!

lahdidah Tue 23-Sep-08 09:42:31

ah well sorry for pissing you all off. did not mean to sound smug. will not be posting again in a hurry.

Lizzylou Tue 23-Sep-08 09:51:08

Why not just start again?
No need to run off, it is hard to get your message across on the internet sometimes.

How about:
"Ideas for childfriendly but hot holidays in Dec/Jan please"

GobbledigookisThrifty Tue 23-Sep-08 09:53:11

FGS - there are people posting about lost jobs and seriously difficult and frightening times on here. Now is a very difficult time for so many people and they don't need to hear about your 'ridiculously luxurious position'.

I know you should be able to post about whatever you like but I do think it's in bad taste right at this moment.

CountessDracula Tue 23-Sep-08 09:53:42

pmsl
centerparcs is nice and warm in that dome thing

nailpolish Tue 23-Sep-08 09:55:26

i agree with lizzy

just say sorry and start a new thread "nice places to go in dec/jan please"

no need to huff

zippitippitoes Tue 23-Sep-08 09:56:59

unless you do go in a bubble then you would have to do long haul wouldn t you

europe isnt going to be that warm

mexico or argentina

TheFallenMadonna Tue 23-Sep-08 09:58:04

Blimey, it wasn't that bad was it?

I have seen "assume a healthy budget" on here more than once before...

HolidaysQueen Tue 23-Sep-08 09:58:21

lahdidah - like lizzylou, ignoring the title, how about Sharm el Sheikh in Egypt. 5 hours flight, warm and sunny but not too hot, things to do in desert like camel rides, snorkelling and diving amazing, very child friendly, good hotels ranging from 'ridiculously luxurious' to just pretty nice.

Lizzylou Tue 23-Sep-08 09:59:52

Cuba? Marrakesh?

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 23-Sep-08 10:02:03

Have a look at Mark Warner or Sunsail

HolidaysQueen Tue 23-Sep-08 10:02:30

fallenmadonna - just think there was no need to draw attention to how people might be envious. nobody would have noticed if she'd just asked for ideas and said 'assume a healthy budget' in the smallprint.

lucky you though, lahdidah! i'd also recommend canaries. med is just too cold that time of year but we've done winter sun in lanzarote and sharm before.

TheFallenMadonna Tue 23-Sep-08 10:03:44

I am bloody enviousgrin

ComeOVeneer Tue 23-Sep-08 10:07:44

Did not mean to sound smug??????

"ridiculously luxurious position"
"sorry not for the envious"

Who are you kidding.

hifi Tue 23-Sep-08 10:10:16

you arnt going to get anywhere warm in those months unless you go longhaul.my friend went here, with a 2 day stopover in dubai

hifi Tue 23-Sep-08 10:11:28

le touessrok if it isnt clear, 7 hours to dubai then about another 5 or 6 after.

CountessDracula Tue 23-Sep-08 10:11:45

If you can go for 4 weeks I wouldn't worry about jet lag

cupsoftea Tue 23-Sep-08 10:13:20

lol at this

RandomFlopsy Tue 23-Sep-08 10:15:08

Thread title and tone aside....

Take the opportunity to go to Australia or NZ if you have all that time on your hands. When your dc start school you won't be able to go for so long and jetlag isn't an issue when it's for 4 weeks. If you don't want to deal with your dc on the flight then you can hire a flight nanny or something.

hifi Tue 23-Sep-08 10:15:14

aw give her a break, shes just excited.

GobbledigookisThrifty Tue 23-Sep-08 10:19:53

ROFL @ 'flight nanny'. please tell me people don't do this! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now