Talk

Advanced search

Thailand with 5 month old. ?advice and tips please!!

(4 Posts)
VivC Thu 18-Sep-08 11:33:57

My husband desperately wants to take our little girl to Thailand in Dec/Jan when she will be 5 months. I'm a little wary from a health perspective, and also at such a young age, where she'd sleep when away. Probably being overly anxious, but would appreciate advice/tips from anyone who's done it before on hotel recommendations and any advice!! We're planning 10 days in Krabi then 2 days in Bangkok! Thanks!

Badpups Thu 18-Sep-08 21:41:19

We went to Thailand when our twins were 6 mths and again when our youngest was 6mths and both times had a great holiday!

We stayed in serviced apartments and they provided wooden cots which were fine for sleeping (I took a pack of disinfectant wipes to wipe them over with but I'd have done that anywhere we went). I also took my own cot bedding and sleeping bags. We had no problems on either trip with jet lag.

I took formula milk powder with me as I wasn't sure about being able to get it there. It was available but not the make that we used. I always used bottled water and then boiled it.

The first time I took a Milton steriliser with me and the 2nd time a small microwave steriliser.

The Thais love children (far more than any other nationality I've come across) and this helped make our trips really enjoyable.

One thing to be aware of though is that the pavements tend to be quite uneven and a normal pushchair would struggle to cope. We took 3 wheelers which were fine but you have to be prepared to carry them up and down stairs as lifts are few and far between in many places.

Good luck and hope this helps.

sunnydelight Fri 19-Sep-08 09:00:21

The Lebua hotel in Bangkok (www.lebua.com) is to die for. It's all "apartments" with loads of space, incredible staff, great food and a nice pool. We stayed there with our three kids last year.

Bangkok is pretty full on so it's good to have somewhere nice to go back to. I'd use a backpack for that age personally as the streets are very polluted and I wouldn't want a baby at exhaust level. Pharmacies are very well stocked and you will always find someone who speaks decent English in the tourist areas (there's a Boots on Kho San Road!!!) We went to Kho Tao and had no problem getting medical advice when we needed it.

sunnydelight Fri 19-Sep-08 09:01:28

The Lebua hotel in Bangkok (www.lebua.com) is to die for. It's all suites with loads of space, incredible staff, great food and a nice pool. We stayed there with our three kids last year.

Bangkok is pretty full on so it's good to have somewhere nice to go back to. I'd use a backpack for that age personally as the streets are very polluted and I wouldn't want a baby at exhaust level. Pharmacies are very well stocked and you will always find someone who speaks decent English in the tourist areas (there's a Boots on Kho San Road!!!) We went to Kho Tao and had no problem getting medical advice when we needed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now