Talk

Advanced search

villas in florida gulf coast - any tips on sites etc?

(7 Posts)
poppy34 Sun 14-Sep-08 21:21:56

Booked flights to go to florida in march - now need some tips on decent sites /companies to get a villa (its just me/dh and what will be nearly one year old dd at present).

Looking for recommendations as cannot tell teh good from bad on the many sites you get it you google. any other tips on things/places to go for also appreciated (we were thinking of around naples area).

thanks for any help smile

poppy34 Mon 15-Sep-08 10:28:19

bump

shazrey Mon 15-Sep-08 21:15:05

Try www.holidayrentals.co.uk, www.holiday-lettings.co.uk and www.vbro.com. March is the high season for Florida especially Naples so it will probably be better to find a place owned by someone from the UK as it will be cheaper as they seem to charge more for the summer months.

SuzyFelts Wed 17-Sep-08 10:54:04

try osprey villas/osprey travel - lots of villas around cape coral - lovely areal.

poppy34 Sat 20-Sep-08 15:31:50

thanks - have managed to find somewhere but you're not wrong shazrey that its not easy !

cheapskatemum Sun 21-Sep-08 23:04:22

Lucky you, we were there this summer and I'd love to go in spring. Where are you going to? We stayed in a villa on Captiva Island. It was in the most fantastic location - swimming pool behind, boat deck/ lagoon just beyond that. Across the road in front was the beach. 5 mins walk up the road to general store and superb restaurants. Loved the wildlife: dolphins, pelicans & the seafood. Enjoy!

If yours falls through, CAT me & I'll email you the owner's number.

Sycamoretree Sun 21-Sep-08 23:10:10

You need VACATION RENTALS BY OWNER VRBO.COM and then just hone in on the area you would most like to visit. We've used them for a fab holiday in Clearwater - also this year in Siesta Key. They list every privately owned condo with all pics, prices and up to date avails. It's a great system I can highly rec.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now