Talk

Advanced search

Water abroad

(5 Posts)
Nikkicl Wed 10-Sep-08 22:05:51

Help Please!!!
I am flying long haul to Dominican republic in 2 weeks time for my sisters wedding but i have a 12 week old baby who is bottle feed so have formula feeds to make up.
Has anyone been to Dom Rep and what water did they use i know needs to be bottled and what level the minerals need to be but is this readily avaliable?
Anyone who has dealt with this your help would be most appriciated and advice in sterilising?

Othersideofthechannel Thu 11-Sep-08 21:16:41

In France Evian is recommended for making up formula from birth.
No idea if this is available in Dominican Republic though.

DottieLottie Sat 13-Sep-08 20:00:24

Hi Nikkicl have you thought about using the ready made up stuff -- I know is more expensive but maybe worth packing in your case for the visit as you will have no water worries. We used it for the first 12mths of my dd's life - v handy.

It's the Sodium level you need to look at. For a baby it has to be less than 20mg per litre but ideally less than 10mg is best. Evian is 6.something so hence why recomended in France I guess.

Nikkicl Mon 15-Sep-08 20:25:14

Unfortunatly can't use the ready made milk as little one is on Nutramigan (prescription Milk) as has milk allergy. Fingers croosed the water they provide is suitable.!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now