Talk

Advanced search

Do i need to take a car seat on holiday??

(6 Posts)
didsnbump Fri 29-Aug-08 23:02:52

Im looking to book next years holiday and ds will be 15 months by then. Have looked to go to tunisia with club med as there have great baby clubs and facilites but will i need to take his car seat with us for the transfers and if we wanna do any trips??

What should i do and what have others done??

didsnbump Sat 30-Aug-08 16:18:09

please anybody with any suggestions??

elizabethsmum Sat 06-Sep-08 08:00:52

Hi

We went to Italy when DD was 15 months- hired a car and took er car seat with us (she was still smal enought to fit in the first size car seat then. It didn't cost us any extra to take with us (flew easy jet). This year - DD 2.3yrs we went to Thailand and took her car seat again, 9obviously couldn't get away with the snmaller one tho!) We didn't use it in taxi journeys etc locally but used it for a couple of three hour transfers and to and from the airport in minibus. We could only attach it properly in the front seat though as that was the only seat with a normal type seatbelt- the rest had lap belts.

Depends really how you are transferring form airport ( if coach will there be seatbelts) and what trips you might be planning. Good luck !

georgimama Sat 06-Sep-08 08:05:24

If you are going to a European destination the hire car companies have car seats for hire, be picky though if you go down this route, I rejected two when we hired a car in Spain when DS was 6 months. The staff behind the desk made it clear that they thought I was incredibly arsey but I didn't care.

PavlovtheCat Sat 06-Sep-08 08:06:54

We did not take one with us, we borrowed one over there from family.

Could you see if the place you are staying has them? Would you be renting a car? If so, you could rent one from the car hire company?

Teuch Sat 06-Sep-08 09:05:16

We were told to take ours, checked that it was inclusive in luggage allowance, got it all the way there and...

It took up valuable cupboard space. It didn't fit in the minibus for transfers, taxis didn't want to know about it and we would have had to cart it about all day even if we did use it.

We had been told that taxi drivers could charge 25euro per trip for use of one, and that our transfer vehicle wouldn't allow us to travel without it...

I complained to the transfer company (resorthoppa) but no avail. The driver was a nutter as well angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now